The Arizona Chapter’s 2018 Type One Nation Summit is fast approaching! We’ve been hard at work, and are thrilled to bring you some of the top T1D experts from across the country! This one-day summit will cover topics designed specifically for people living with T1D at any age and any stage.
We are thrilled to bring to Arizona, 2 Keynote speakers:
- Dr. Nicole Johnson: Dr. Nicole Johnson has served as a diabetes advocate since she was diagnosed with type 1 diabetes in 1993 and has worked tirelessly promoting diabetes awareness and prevention since she was named Miss America 1999. In her keynote address to our community, Dr. Johnson will address the often challenging psychosocial effects of living with T1D and how JDRF is supporting research in this area.
- Adam Brown: Adam Brown serves as Senior Editor at diaTribe.org and brings 16 years of personal experience living with diabetes to all of his work at diaTribe, especially in testing out new technology like glucose meters, CGMs, insulin pumps, automated insulin delivery, and mobile apps. In his keynote address, Adam will expand on his knowledge in this area, and discuss his personal findings in this rapidly growing and fast-changing area.
We are pleased to bring you 3 breakout sessions throughout the day, where attendees can choose which topic to attend. Topics will include:
- Health Insurance for those living with T1D
- T1D and the Workplace
- Sports and Athletics with T1D
- Going to College – Panel
- T1D Through the Teen Years – Panel
- Taking T1D to School (Elementary through High School)
- “Bright Spots & Landmines” – A discussion with the author, Adam Brown
- “What To Do When Your Partner Has Diabetes” – A discussion with the author, Dr. Nicole Johnson
Space is limited, so click here to REGISTER today!
* Cost: $15 per person (16 and up; children 3-15 are free)
* Free childcare is available for children ages 3-11
Date: Saturday, January, 27, 2018
Location: Desert Willow Conference Center at 4340 E. Cotton Center Blvd., Phoenix, AZ 85040
For more information, contact: Wendi Willock at firstname.lastname@example.org or 602.224.1829
We look forward to bringing this fantastic event to the Arizona Chapter community!