— Young leaders with T1D have volunteered to represent JDRF in their communities and strengthen JDRF’s mission. —
After an overwhelming response to the JDRF of Central New York Youth Ambassador Program, a new group of 14 young students were chosen to serve as the inaugural class of Youth Ambassadors. We are thankful and incredibly humbled by the dedication of our young volunteers.
The JDRF Youth Ambassador Program is a local program that invites young leaders ages 18 and younger with T1D to work with our chapter to engage their communities, advocate for our mission, encourage participation and promote the JDRF vision of a world without T1D. This core group of young students will also support the fundraising and awareness efforts for JDRF. Youth Ambassadors were selected based on a having positive outlook on T1D, passion for the JDRF mission, and willingness to work toward a cure.
What are the Youth Ambassador Requirements?
- Must be an active participant in the Central New York Chapter
- Must be 18 years of age or younger and have type 1 diabetes
- Parents of the YA must give permission for their child to become an Ambassador and must be willing to support their child in this program and provide transportation to and from events and activities
- YAs agree to attend a minimum of 5 meetings or programs throughout the year
- YAs actively create, participate, and fundraise on a Walk team for JDRF OneWalk (includes virtual team or participation in a school or corporate team)
- YAs agree to participate in a minimum of 3 JDRF service opportunities (JDRF Golf Tournament, speaking engagements, National Diabetes Awareness Month presentations or other special events)
- The term limit is one year (January-December 2018). At the end of the year you may let us know if you’d like to be considered again for the following year.
If you have any questions about the JDRF Youth Ambassador Program, an interest in participating or would like a Youth Ambassador at your JDRF event or fundraiser, please contact Ryan O’Donnell at 315-453-9327 or email@example.com.