Coffee & Education Group
February 6, 2018, Farmington, CT
9:30 am - 11:00 am
Back by Popular Demand!
Stacey Reicher ACSW, Social Worker from CCMC
DEPENDENCE VS INDEPENDENCE IN THE MANAGEMENT OF T1D
- Developmental readiness for Diabetes Management
- Preventing conflict
- Enhancing good communication skills with your child
- Setting goals WITH your child not FOR your child
- Maintaining reasonable expectations
- Working together to solve diabetes-related problems
For those of you who are new, we are a group of parents and grandparents of children with T1D who meet once a month to provide support, share information, and learn about the complex issues involving diabetes management.
Feel free to bring young children with you to the meeting.
We kindly request that, if attending, you RSVP as we will be in the smaller conference room in the JDRF offices and we want to ensure adequate seating.