With the busy season of summer breaks and vacations in full swing, I’m glad to have this chance to give you a quick chapter update.
It is with mixed emotions that we inform you that our Executive Director, Bill Parsons has resigned and will be leaving us in early August. Bill has been in his role for nearly two years and under his leadership the chapter experienced 10% revenue growth.
But, as many of you know, Bill’s impact extends beyond his time as our Executive Director. Prior to serving in this role, Bill was on the International Board of Directors, served as the chair of the Research Committee and played an integral role in creating the organization’s first Strategic Plan. I think if you were to ask Bill what he will miss the most it is the wonderful relationships that he has built with so many of our T1D families and volunteers.
Please join me in thanking Bill for all of his years of service and while he may be leaving his role, he and his family stay committed to creating a World without T1D!
Obviously, this change means a transition for our chapter. While we are still working out all of the details and timeline of our Executive Search, I wanted to take a moment to introduce you to our Transition team:
- Cathy Chisholm – Interim Executive Director (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Cathy Chisholm is JDRF’s Interim Executive Director and will be serving as the Interim ED during our transition. Cathy has been with the organization for 6 years and most recently served as the Executive Director for our Hampton Roads Chapter. During the transition, Cathy will work closely with our board and staff leadership and will be in the DC/Baltimore offices at least 2 to 3 days per week.
- Myrna Mulholland – Region Director (email@example.com)
- Many of you know Myrna as she has been serving as our Region Director for the last 2 years. Myrna will work closely with Cathy to ensure the continued success of the chapter and will support the transition/executive search process.
- Lynn Page – National Director, Signature Events (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Lynn Page is our National Director of Signature Events and will work closely with our staff and volunteer leadership to ensure the success of our Galas in both DC and Baltimore. Lynn will maintain weekly calls with the chapter staff and will likely be in the office once a month if not more.
- Lisa DeAntona – National Manager, P2P (email@example.com)
- Lisa is our National Manager of P2P events. Lisa has been supporting the chapter the last two years and will continue to support the chapter in the transition. While we are not in the walk season, Lisa will be working with the chapter staff to ensure that we are doing the necessary stewardship/prep work for our FY18 Walks.
- Courtney Davies – VP of US Development (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Recognizing the importance of our Northern Virginia/DC/Baltimore Markets, Courtney Davies, JDRF’s VP of US Development will also be on hand to provide leadership and guidance throughout the transition.
While I know transitions are never easy, I have every confidence in our staff and volunteer leadership and in the transition team that has been assembled; and have no doubt that we will continue to grow our chapter and mission impact!
Please feel free to reach out to me or any members of the transition team should you have any questions.
Thanks again for all you do!