Make a special contribution to this year’s Gala by creating an Honor Basket for a loved one with T1D. Since many of our guests do not have a connection to T1D, these packages help to showcase the “faces of T1D,” a visual reminder of what the night is all about. When putting together your Honor Basket package, think about your T1D’s hobbies, your family’s favorite activity in your area or what you think would appeal to our gala attendees.
How do I make an Honor Basket and what do I include?
- Baskets should have a value of at least $150. You may solicit items to be donated or purchase them yourself.
- The basket should have a theme – focus on his/her favorite things and use your imagination!
- Each Honor Basket display will include a photo of the Honoree, a narrative about them and a description of the package contents (please provide a photo of your loved one to be displayed).
- All Honor Baskets will be displayed in their own section of the silent auction during the Gala.
Jane Smith’s Honor Basket
- Theme: Disney Movie Night
- Items: Jane’s favorite Disney movies (Lion King, Cinderella, Frozen and Finding Nemo), a Mickey Mouse pillow, four popcorn buckets and a box of popcorn.
- Value: $150
- Donated by: The Smith Family
Description (to be written by JDRF): Jane has been living with T1D for 4 years. Diagnosed at age 3, she is now 7-years old and her greatest wish is to go to Disney World. This basket is perfect for anyone who has children or is a kid at heart. It includes Jane’s favorite Disney movies, a Mickey Mouse pillow, four popcorn buckets and a box of popcorn. Turn an ordinary night at home into an unforgettable dream with this Disney Movie package.
When do I deliver my Honor Basket to JDRF?
- Please deliver or mail your Honor Basket with a completed Honor Basket Commitment Form to JDRF no later than Friday, September 1st.
Please deliver and/or send forms and donation to:
JDRF Greater Iowa Chapter
3580 EP True Parkway, Suite 101, West Des Moines, IA 50265
Phone: 515-802-3220 Fax: 515-225-6720
Please contact Mariah (email@example.com) with questions.