JDRF Houston would like to invite you to participate in the 2014 Gala Youth Ambassador Program. We are looking for enthusiastic volunteers who are passionate about supporting JDRF’s mission to cure, better treat and prevent type 1 diabetes (T1D). Gala Youth Ambassadors will play an important role in JDRF Houston’s Annual Promise Ball on Saturday, March 29, 2014 at the Hilton Americas. The participation of Youth Ambassadors contribute to this evening of hope and promise as we raise funds to turn type one into type NONE. This annual black-tie event welcomes over 800 guests and raises more than $1 million for JDRF funded research.
Gala Youth Ambassador Requirements and Responsibilities
- Have type 1 diabetes (T1D)
- Be between the age of 5 and 18 years old
- Have a positive outlook on life with T1D and an outgoing personality
- Parents of the Ambassador must purchase tickets to attend the event as a guest or sign-up as a volunteer for the evening
- Commit to participating in the mandatory following pre-event and Gala activities:
- Ambassador Photo Shoot (TBD early to mid-February)
- Ambassador Art Project for Gala auction piece
- Ambassador Thank-You cards and calls to Gala patrons after the event
- Contribute requested items to the Gala Ambassador Baskets
- Assist with Gala activities beginning at 4:30 p.m. on Gala day
- Gala activities include: Greeting guests, assisting with live auction and event programming (please note this is a long event and Ambassadors will be participating from 4:30 until around 9:30)
Due to a limited number of available spots, Gala Youth Ambassadors must complete an application and submit a photo no later than January 13, 2014. Ambassadors will be selected via committee based on their application and previous involvement with the chapter. All photos and applications must be emailed to Millicent Lacy (Mlacy@jdrf.org).