There are 5 VERY easy steps that will ensure your success for the 2013 Walk to Cure Diabetes! (If they turn out to be not-so-easy, give us a call and we will help you out).
1. Register online at walk.jdrf.org. The online participant center makes it easy to track your fundraising progress, send emails and link to your social media profiles. It’s easy to sign-up, as a returning walker you use the same login information as last year. If you do not remember your password just click the “search for my information” button to retrieve your password. If you haven’t participated before, no problem! Create a new username and password and get started.
2. Self-donate. Start your fundraising by donating to yourself – any amount will show your friends family that you are leading by example! You can even ask your friends and family to match you gift.
3. Email. Email. Email. Upload your email contacts to your participant center, it’s easier than you think! You have the option of auto uploading from a Yahoo! or Gmail address – just input your username and password and select which contacts to use. Your participant center is full of customizable templates or you can start from scratch! (Did you know that Walkers who send emails raise on average more than double the amount than Walkers who don’t send emails?)
4. Social Media. The average person spends approximately 4 hours online every day, make sure your message is everywhere! The Boundless Fundraising tool makes it easy to connect to your Facebook account – you can even schedule posts in advance so you can set it and forget it. There are also quick links at the bottom of your participant center for all of your favorite social media websites.
5. Matching Gifts. Many companies will match your gift dollar for dollar (some even double or triple match). Your participant center has a list of employers that participate in matching gifts – you can find this under your fundraising tools. If your employer isn’t listed, don’t be afraid to ask your Human Resources department, they may participate but are not listed.
Only 68 days until the Walk to Cure Diabetes – lace up those sneakers we can’t wait to see you on October 12!