JDRF is the leading non-governmental funder and advocate of T1D research to cure, treat and prevent type 1 diabetes. Each year, 15,000 adults and 15,000 are diagnosed with type 1 diabetes. JDRF directs 90% of every WALK dollar raised to directly support research and research related education. In 2011, JDRF funded more than $116 million, and has funded more research than any other charity in the world.
Who: Corporate Teams, Family Teams, Civic Organizations, Schools, and
Friends. Everyone is welcome to join us and help us raise critically
needed dollars to fund type 1 diabetes research!
Food and beverages will be provided. Walkers will enjoy various sponsor booths, entertainment, games and much more.
In Miami – Saturday, April 5th, 2014
In Broward – Saturday, April 12th, 2014
Event Times: Registration: 7:30 a.m.
Walk Begins promptly at 9:00 a.m.
RAIN or SHINE
Miami – Zoo Miami
Broward – TBD
How: You can help further JDRF’s efforts to find better ways in curing,
treating and preventing T1D by:
- Joining us as a Walk Sponsor
- Forming a corporate team of 10 or more individuals
- Ask your company to match your gift
- Invite your company’s vendors to participate
- Asking families, friends and neighbors to support your team efforts
- Register your team online at www.walk.jdrf.org. Choose FL as your state. Consider the power of $100 for research and come join us! Self-donate $10 and ask 9 friends or colleagues for $10.
Why: Because we want kids or adults with diabetes to wake up to a day
filled without finger pricks and injections while they play, eat and
sleep. JDRF will not rest until a CURE is found!
Contact: JDRF South Florida Chapter – (954) 545-4775
Click here to register: Once registration is OPEN!