Below is a list of this year’s highly anticipated Live Auction items. From art to vacations, this line-up is sure to spark your interest. If you are interested in bidding in the Live Auction, but will not be in attendance at the Gala, please contact JDRF at 914-686-7700 on or before Wednesday, May 31 to participate by proxy.
Kids Art Project – “Creative Minds”
– Each year, children affected by type 1 diabetes come together in the Hudson Valley to create a heartfelt piece of artwork, like these 2 unique serving trays with tiles painted by each child. On Art Day, families told us their story: Type 1 diabetes is something we have, it’s not who we are. We are creative, strong and happy kids. We look forward to the day we don’t have to worry about high or low blood sugars, having to stop playing our favorite game to prick our finger, or being woken up to treat a low in the middle of the night. We can’t wait for our Cure.
– Generously donated by Children of the Hudson Valley and John Caparaso, Woods-n-Things
Labor Day Vacation in New Hampshire
– Avoid Monday traffic this Labor Day and stay in a resort in the beautiful White Mountains of New Hampshire on Sunday, September 3 and Monday, September 4 for an extended holiday treat. You’ll have a 619 square foot villa with 1 bedroom, 2 full bathrooms, a kitchen, king bed and pullout couch to comfortably sleep 4 guests. Head out for a New England trip and see the beautiful White Mountains of Lincoln, NH.
– Generously donated by Arthur Landi & Mairead O’Sullivan
Create Your Dream Vacation
– Head to Orlando this December…or choose the domestic or international location of your choice for a destination dream vacation! With this booking, you will have a 1-week stay for 6 people in your 2-bedroom resort accommodations. The winner may choose from a long list of locations and select the date and location of their liking.
-Enjoy an in-home cooking class for up to 10 people with Chef Giovanni Scappin of The Culinary Institute of America, Market St. and Cucina restaurants. Chef Gianni will provide all ingredients and offer an in-home, seasonal risotto demonstration and a complete meal that is decided by you and your family.
– Generously donated by Chef Giovanni Scappin