The Spitz Blitz is part of Hunter Mountain’s annual German Alps Festival. Click here for a quick look into the Festival!
Experience spectacular views unique to the Great Northern Catskill Mountains while racing, running or walking up to the summit of Hunter Mountain! This is a tough, uphill only challenge. Do you have what it takes to reach the summit? This race is the morning of Hunter Mountain’s German Alps Festival – all participants gain free entry, plus a lift on the skyride back down the mountain.
Proceeds and donations will benefit JDRF, “Improving Lives. Curing Type 1 Diabetes.” Individuals, families, and teams are all encouraged to participate and raise money for this wonderful cause!
Registration will be from 9:00 – 9:45am on the morning of German Alps Festival.
- 9:00am arrival and check-in for Racers.
- Runners begin at 10:00am. Walkers begin at 10:15am.
- Check in and on the day registration will be under the Hunter Mountain tent set up out front of the Main Lodge.
- We will have registration forms available the day of the event. Online registration is recommended and will make your morning check in much easier.
- Please bring CASH FOR ON-SITE REGISTRATION.
PARKING: There are about 5000 parking spots at Hunter. The earlier you arrive the closer you get to park.
THE COURSE: The distance is only 1.7 miles, BUT is it all uphill on Hunter Mountain’s famous Belt parkway. This is an intermediate ski trail. With 1600 feet of elevation change that is almost 1000 feet per mile. Yes, that means it is straight up all the way to the summit.
SCHEDULE for August 13th: Please stay and enjoy the festival, and if you still have the energy, sign up for one of the fun activities at the German Alps Festival. The Festival entrainment starts at noon. Stay tuned for the full schedule.