The Young Leadership Committee (YLC) is comprised of young professionals dedicated to raising awareness and funds for JDRF. The committee hosts various fundraising, networking, and social events that attract hundreds of young professionals between the ages of 21 and 40, with a group in San Francisco and Silicon Valley.
Members of the YLC are asked to attend meetings where they are given the opportunity to take part in the inception, planning, and ultimately the success of several social functions throughout the year aimed at benefiting JDRF. Additionally, the committee hosts occasional networking and social gatherings to foster an environment of year-round involvement.
The funds raised through YLC events go to support JDRF and JDRF-funded research aimed at finding better treatments and a cure for people with type 1 diabetes (T1D).
YLC plays a large role in supporting JDRF’s commitment to providing social, emotional, and practical support to children and adults with T1D and their families. The primary goal is to provide information and support to anyone facing the daily challenges of living with T1D. The secondary goal is to encourage membership and participation in JDRF by demonstrating JDRF’s value to all who hope for better treatments and a cure for T1D and its complications.
- Walktoberfest – YLC hosts a “Walktoberfest” beer garden directly following the San Francisco and East Bay One Walk to continue the great spirit of the whole day! With tickets allowing guests unlimited food, drink, and lawn games, it is always a great time.
- Hope Gala After-Party – The Hope Gala After-Party spills across The Ritz-Carlton, San Francisco’s ballroom and banquet halls and features live music and dancing, photo booths, signature cocktails, and more!
- TypeOne Nation Summit Camp – TypeOne Nation Summit is an education-based event with a speaker series for the adults and a camp for kids. YLC members act as the camp counselors and have a fun filled day with the kids.
- Guest Bartending – Who doesn’t love a good happy hour? Better yet, one that supports an excellent cause. At this event YLC members serve as guest bartenders at a local bar where all tips go straight to JDRF!
- Monthly Happy Hours – We meet the first Wednesday of the month to plan events and enjoy each other’s company. If you are interested in attending please email Kevin O’Scanlon at email@example.com for more information.
Connect with us!