JDRF Game2Give, our partnership with the video game industry, has two big livestream fundraisers coming up:
- June 27 – six members of the JDRF Game2Give community will hold an all-day marathon on Twitch with the goal of raising $10,000. (Or more!)
- August 7–16 – our second annual JDRF Game2Give charity drive will bring people together on Twitch and other streaming platforms to fundraise and spread the word about JDRF. Please join us!
What is Twitch?
Twitch is a livestreaming video platform popular among gamers. Millions of people from around the world visit the site every day to watch livestreams of video games and engage with the people playing them. But Twitch isn’t limited to video games—it’s also used for talk shows and podcasts, cooking streams, hobby and craft projects, fitness streams, and more. The Twitch community raised more than $55M in 2019.
While our upcoming events are focused on Twitch, that’s not the only livestreaming platform out there! People who stream on Mixer, YouTube, or Facebook Live can participate in our August fundraising drive, too. Visit the sign-up page to register and get more info by email.
June 27 Marathon
The June 27 event will feature six streamers with type 1 diabetes (T1D) or T1D connections, with each person passing the baton to the next at the end of their 2-hour slot. Each streamer has different content planned, so there will be something for everyone! Tune in at twitch.tv/jdrf to see:
- 12:45pm ET / 9:45am PT: Kick-off on the JDRF channel
- 1pm ET / 10am PT: EA Sports Madden Football with RG, Boogz, and OneGreatUser
- 3pm ET / 12pm PT: Music with T1D singer/songwriter ResurrectionFern
- 5pm ET / 2pm PT: Bartlow’s Dread Machine with JSquibb
- 7pm ET / 4pm PT: Elder Scrolls Online with Ninja614
- 9pm ET / 6pm PT: League of Legends with Blaustoise
- 11pm ET / 8pm PT: Jackbox party games on the JDRF channel
You can view Twitch streams from your browser, phone, or tablet—no user account required! You do need a Twitch account if you want to chat during the broadcast, but it’s free and only takes a few minutes to set up.
10-Day Streaming Event August 7–16
Last November, we held our first Twitch streaming event and raised nearly $40,000 for T1D research the help of 60+ streamers, most of whom have T1D or a T1D connection.
This year we want to do even better! Our goal is 100+ participants and $50,000—and you can help us crush it! Sign up to participate.
If you’ve never done a charity stream before, it’s similar to an in-person fundraiser like a JDRF One Walk® or JDRF Ride to Cure Diabetes, but virtual. To help you prepare, JDRF will post tips on our streamer resource page and we’ll broadcast tutorials on our Twitch channel every Wednesday in July.
Maybe streaming’s not your thing, but you still want to support JDRF Game2Give? Tune in as a viewer! We’ll post schedule highlights and host charity streams on our Twitch channel starting on August 7.