Women Leaders In Diabetes Conference
May 10, 2019, South San Francisco, CA
7:15 am - 4:30 pm
Women in healthcare are invited to hear the stories of women luminaries, who have taken risks, challenged the status-quo and were able to turn their ideas into action against the odds. Learn from national diabetes health care leaders and mentors as they share their efforts to improve care. Get ready to be inspired! You will hear the steps they took to overcome barriers, envision delivery of care from a new perspective and shift the diabetes landscape for the better. Invite your colleagues to join this conference, designed to create new possibilities to improve diabetes across the care continuum.
t’s time to see your ideas come to light!
Keynote presenters include: | See detailed bio information here >>
- Ann Albright, PhD, RD – Director, Division of Diabetes Translation at the CDC
- Tracey Brown MBA, BChE – CEO, American Diabetes Association
- Nicole Johnson, DrPH, MPH, MA – National Director of Mission at JDRF
- Maureen McGrath, MS, PNP-BC, BC-ADM – Associate Clinical Professor, Director, Diabetes Minor, UCSF School of Nursing
- Susan Guzman, PhD – Director of Clinical/Educational Services, Behavioral Diabetes Institute, San Diego
- Edi Matsumoto, FNP, MSN, MFA, CDE, BC-ADM – Montage Medical Group and Community Hospital of the Monterey Peninsula
- Theresa Garnero, APRN, BC-ADM, MSN, CDE – Instructional Designer Specialist, UCSF School of Nursing, Founder, Sweet People Club
- Beverly Thomassian, RN, BC-ADM, MPH, CDE – Founder, President, Diabetes Education Services
- Kelly Close, BA, MBA – Founder diaTribe and Close Concerns
Objectives: By the conclusion of this conference, participants will:
- Create new possibilities to improve diabetes care.
- Gain fresh ideas and inspiration for your diabetes setting.
- Develop a realistic action plan for change.
- Collaborate and network with colleagues and experts in the field.
More from the Greater Bay Area Chapter