Here is your Friday FIve!
1. Join the JDRF on November 14 for a day of Type 1 Talk. It’s time to talk about diabetes–about what’s important to you, how JDRF’s work can help, and what they can do better. The JDRF would like to partner with you to help build a stronger diabetes community, both online and offline. JDRF’s Type 1 Talk, is a special live
streaming presentation from JDRF staff and volunteers. They will be
addressing topics and answering questions that YOU submitted. (The topics have just been announced!)
To find out more about Type 1 Talk, how to host your own event or to find an event in your area on World Diabetes Day join the National Type 1 Talk facebook app. It’s really awesome!
2. The Big Blue test is November 14 — World Diabetes Day (an initiative through the Diabetes Hand Foundation). On that day, at 14:00 hours (local time), thousands of people with diabetes will test their blood sugar, do 14 minutes of exercise, test again and share their results right here on Juvenation, or TuDiabetes or on Twitter. Click here to read more details about The Big Blue test.
3. Have you found you are paying more or better attention to your diabetes since joining the site? Take a few minutes to answer some questions in the forums.
4. LaineyLam one of our members, created a fantastic type 1 cure video for their upcoming diabetes walk, titled Help Find a Cure (A Tribute to Lady Gaga) Her daughter is super adorable in it!! Great Job!! Check it out here!!
5. This week’s member of the week is Scott Strange! Click on his profile to learn more about him or to just say hello!
That is your Friday Five! Enjoy!
?Juvenation Community Manager