It’s officially National Diabetes Awareness Month (NDAM). So what does that mean? It’s your chance to share information about type 1 diabetes (T1D), dispel myths and encourage your friends to get involved. If we all work together, we can raise awareness—and unite the T1D community.
- Break out the hashtags : It’s time to get social. Make good use of the hashtags below to build buzz all month long!
- Take action for a chance to win a T1D Looks Like Me t-shirt: Try one—or more—of these three easy ways to enter the running for a free t-shirt.
- Be one of the first 100 people to start a personal fundraising campaign or schedule a Team JDRF community event
- Take a selfie in NYC Times Square in front of the JDRF video billboard—on 7th avenue between 45th and 46th street—and tag it with #T1DLooksLikeMe*
- Take a selfie with the USA Today special United for Diabetes insert (published from November 13-15) and tag it with #T1DLooksLikeMe*
- Visit us online: Check out jdrf.org/T1DLooksLikeMe—the online destination for NDAM.
- Find shareable videos and T1D myths and facts
- Create your very own photo using the T1D Looks Like Me photo generator
- Tag your pic and share it on Facebook, Twitter or Instagram
- Attend a JDRF event near you! Just check out our events calendar
Eager to do more? Join the conversation at TypeOneNation.org to connect with our vibrant T1D community and get everyone excited about spreading our message.