Carla Greenbaum, M.D., chair of TrialNet—an international JDRF-supported network that is dedicated to finding cures for type 1 diabetes (T1D)—and a professor at Benaroya Research Institute, discussed T1D research in the time of COVID-19, including what TrialNet is up to, on JDRF’s Facebook Live event. She chats about:
- What do we know now about the progression of T1D?
- What is the “honeymoon” period?
- Clinical trial results: Teplizumab delays T1D for 2+ years in participants at high risk
- TrialNet studies that are currently enrolling
- What will be learned from these clinical trials?
- Screening to find out if you are at risk
- What is she exciting about in T1D research and clinical trials
Watch the full, recorded livestream below: