During a recent JDRF Facebook Live event, a panel from Medtronic Diabetes discussed Medtronic’s efforts to support the T1D community during the coronavirus disease (COVID-19) pandemic.
Members of the panel included Executive Vice President and President of Medtronic Diabetes Sean Salmon, as well as other leaders from Medtronic. JDRF Vice President of Corporate Development Joe Watterson and Senior Director of Marketing for Medtronic Diabetes Charles Cush delivered introductory remarks.
The panelists addressed a variety of topics, including:
Medtronic’s COVID-19 response, including how they have been listening to and working with the T1D community and health care professionals (presented by Salmon)
Medtronic Assurance Program (presented by Vice President of Health Economics, Reimbursement & Government Affairs, Medtronic Diabetes, Jeff Farkas)
Optimizing Remote Telemedicine Appointments (presented by Chief Medical Officer, Medtronic Diabetes, Robert Vigersky, M.D.)
Supporting People Living with T1D in a Virtual World (presented by National Clinical Director, Medtronic Diabetes, Kim Larson)
Watch the full, recorded livestream:
- Read complete information about the Medtronic Assurance Program.
- Find out about alternate health insurance coverage options for you and for your children in your state.
- Learn what to do immediately if your health insurance is at risk due to job-loss.
- Read more about steps to take if you lose your job-based health insurance coverage.
- Explore options for paying for healthcare during the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Medtronic customers on pump therapy transitioning to telehealth appointments: learn about CareLink™ software resources.