Providing Resources for the Community
Whether shared internally with staff who may be impacted by or supporting someone with type 1 diabetes (T1D), or shared externally with your community, JDRF.org/t1d-resources is an informational hub for people living with and supporting others with T1D. Resources include:
- Type 1 Diabetes Health Insurance Guide: When you have health needs due to a chronic condition like type 1 diabetes (T1D), having health insurance is critical in helping you manage and treat your condition. That’s why JDRF is committed to supporting you by providing tools to help you navigate healthcare and health insurance.
- The Online Diabetes Support Team: Personal online support from compassionate volunteers who know firsthand the demands of living with T1D. Team members respond within 48 hours.
- Newly Diagnosed: People can be diagnosed with T1D at any age, and once diagnosed, they spend a lifetime managing the disease. This kit dives into JDRF resources most helpful at diagnosis.
- School: Diabetes should not get in the way of school for people with T1D. This kit includes helpful tips for setting up a 504 plan with schools and ensuring every child with T1D receives proper support.
- Technology: T1D technology is getting smarter all the time, helping people with T1D live safer and healthier lives until a cure is found. However, finding the right tech for each person living with T1D is important, and ensuring access to the right tech is vital.
- Pregnancy: Planning a pregnancy with T1D requires special attention to ensure a healthy outcome for mother and child. This kit includes information on planning family and having a safe pregnancy with T1D.
- And more!
JDRF.org/impact highlights top advancements made in type 1 diabetes (T1D) because of donors and fundraisers like you, and is an excellent tool to explain the impact of JDRF to your community. No organization makes a bigger impact on the fight against T1D than JDRF. Since our founding, we have aggressively raised awareness, raised or directed nearly $5 billion to researching a cure and supported the T1D community. We drive innovation, demand action and stand with everyone facing life with type 1.