As you may know, we continue to raise money for Walk all the way until March 2019! So, IT’S NOT TOO LATE! We wanted to share some post-walk fundraising ideas for you!
A third party event is when you plan a fundraiser for JDRF!
Here are some examples:
- Go to your favorite restaurant and ask if they can donate 10 or 20% to JDRF for the day or evening
- Ask your favorite yoga teacher, artist, spinning instructor, etc. to teach a special class to benefit JDRF
- Have a local musician play an in-house concert and charge a small entry fee
- Host a Paint and Sip
- Organize a wiffle ball or kickball tournament
- Hold a board game extravaganza
Locally, here are some really successful third party events from our chapter:
- The Roach family hosts an annual hockey tournament which raised money for their walk team.
- Kristen Aluzzi of Kristen’s Kitchen hosted a golf tournament and the proceeds went to walk.
- The Woodridges and SportsZone hosted a youth baseball tournament to benefit JDRF, raising over $5,000.
- The ideas are pretty much endless!
If you are interested in hosting an event to benefit JDRF we are happy to promote it via social media.