The Georgia Chapter kicked off its first Ride to Cure Diabetes event of the season in Sonoma, California August 22-25, with 34 riders representing Team Georgia. Together, this impressive group raised over $220,000 and counting, making it the Georgia Chapter’s most successful Ride event to date. Below are some highlights from the weekend:
- Team Georgia Rider Stats:
- 29 veteran riders
- 5 new riders
- 10 T1D riders
- 7 Georgia Chapter Board members
- The Georgia Chapter was the #2 top fundraising chapter for this event
- Eagle Rock Distributing Co., the Georgia Chapter’s first corporate team for Ride, was the number 3 corporate team at the event with nearly $30,000 raised
- Team member, Michael Howell, was the #10 top fundraiser for the Sonoma event with over $32,000 raised
Congratulations to all our Sonoma riders! Your passion for JDRF and for finding a cure for T1D is unparalleled. Thank you for inspiring us!
The Georgia Chapter Ride Team is poised to raise well over $300,000 in 2019, making it our most successful season to date. Stay tuned for more updates as the season progresses. We will have riders representing our chapter in Saratoga Springs (Sep 12-15), Amelia Island (Oct 3-6) and Death Valley (Oct 17-20). The fun has just begun!
Questions about Ride? Contact Jennie Ellis at firstname.lastname@example.org or 404-420-4990.