Greater Delaware Valley – PA
February 22, 2020 | 9 AM to 4 PM | CHUBB Hotel & Conference Center
800 Ridge Pike, Lafayette Hill, PA
Click here to register!
9:00am – 10:00am – Registration and Vendor Fair
9:30am – Kidz Kave Opens
10:00am – 11:30am – Session I
- Welcome – Matthew Cohn, Eastern PA Board President
- Hello From the Other Side! Key Note Speaker – Dr. Shara Bialo, Pediatric Endocrinology, Nemours/Alfred I. duPont Pediatrics
- JDRF Advocacy on Insulin Affordability and Device Coverage – Jesse Bushman, JDRF Sr. Director of Health Policy
11:40am – 12:30pm – Session II – Panel Discussion – Hear from the Experts! Ask questions and participate in discussions important to you (choose one):
- Toddlers and T1D (Parents of children age 5 and under)
Discuss the unique challenges of managing T1D in toddlers. Don’t miss this opportunity to have your questions answered by healthcare providers and hear directly from parents who have been through it!
- Taking T1D to School (Parents of children ages 5-10)
Going to school with T1D requires a lot of preparation and planning. Discuss strategies and get advice on how to ensure that your child has the best possible school experience.
- Tackling the Tween/Teen Years (Parents of children ages 11-18)
Handling transitions, setting realistic expectations, and taking steps towards independence. The tween/teen years can be full of anxiety and apprehension for both the child and the parents. Discuss strategies for navigating these challenges and hear from young adults about their personal experiences in middle school and high school.
- College Through Adulthood: Taking care of yourself through Life’s Transitions (Adults 18+)
Join other adults with T1D, spouses/significant others, and caregivers of those with T1D in an informal discussion around transitional moments important to you Learn how to navigate health insurance, college life, workplace issues, pregnancy, retirement, technology, and T1D burnout.
- PEAK (All ages) – Presented by Gary Scheiner
The JDRF Performance in Exercise and Knowledge (PEAK) Program is a unique outreach initiative that is making a life-changing difference for thousands of people with T1D who, prior to PEAK, had not received clear guidance on how they could safely pursue exercise. PEAK provides education on the environmental, dietary, and physiologic elements that affect physical activity in those with T1D.
12:30pm – 1:00pm – Vendor Fair
1:00pm – 1:50pm – LUNCH
2:00pm – 3:40pm – Session III – Technology and Research!
- Trending T1D Technology – Brian Grant, BSN, RN, CDE, CPT
- State of T1D Research: Hope for Today, Promise for Tomorrow – Sanjoy Dutta, PhD, JDRF VP of Research
3:40pm – 3:50pm – Closing Remarks
3:50pm – Kidz Kave Pick-up
4:00pm – Networking/Happy Hour for Attendees age 21 and over (optional/cash bar)