We are less than one month away from our big JDRF One Walk!
We’re so excited to come together (virtually) as one community on November 1 to celebrate everything JDRF One Walk. With an interactive Finish Line Festival and inspiring One Walk Ceremony, there are so many exciting things in store for the big day.
More than ever, the JDRF One Walk isn’t just about walking – it’s about the unified spirit of the type 1 diabetes community coming together as one force to find cures for T1D. T1D doesn’t stop, and neither will we.
First thing’s first! Make sure you’re registered at any one of Greater Delaware Valley’s 6 fall walk sites:
Step 2. Register for one or all of the rallies!
September 9: What’s Up With Walk?
A lot has changed this year, but one thing has stayed the same: this community’s passion to create a world without type 1 diabetes (T1D).
Then, prepare for a walk day experience like no other, featuring all the fan favorites!
- T-Shirts – will be mailed to individuals who raise $100
- V1P Experience – Don’t miss out on getting the newest lanyard for your collection! V1Ps will be mailed tech shirt!
- Partner Pavilion: instant message with brand ambassadors, and check out their great information
- Mile of Hope: This will be a special section of our online platform dedicated to our chapter’s T1D champions during the Finish Line Festival on November 1! Teams that raise $2,500+ by October 15 will have the opportunity to submit a photo of their loved on to be included in this special section of the website
- One Walk Ceremony: At 3 PM, we will be continuing our tradition hearing from volunteer leaders
NEW this year:
- An Instant Messaging feature to chat with your teammates and others from all over country
- ROBLOX in game experience
- Walk-in-A-Box: Teams that raise $5,000 or more will get the walk day essentials made right to their door
Plus, get ready to put the walk in walker: Collectively as a nation, our goal is to walk 1.6 million miles for the 1.6 million Americans living with T1D. We encourage you and your teammates to walk at home, the gym, or the park on Walk Day (and before!) and log your miles on your walk page using Strava.
Whether you’ve walked for years or it’s your first go, join the celebration and help change the future for everyone living with this disease.
Walk with us on Sunday, November 1 at the largest T1D event in history. No matter where you are or what your walk looks like, you’ll be surrounded by the T1D community cheering you on every step of your journey.
And as JDRF embarks on our 50th year, donate – and encourage friends, family & coworkers support you or the walk. Our T1D family is #strongertogether, together we will make the 2020 One Walk successful in raising funds needed to keep JDRF research efforts thriving at a time when it’s more important than ever to improve the lives of those living with T1D, until it is no longer a threat.
Can’t wait to see you on November 1!