JDRF One Walk Day, Greater New England 2021
October 2, 2021
We are thrilled to launch our 2021 JDRF One Walk for the Greater New England Chapter! This year’s One Walk will bring the experience right to you. With online activity tracking, fitness and fundraising challenges, and individual Walk Day experiences this fall. You have the chance to make the Walk exactly what works for you.
You Choose: When You Walk!
Where You Walk!
How You Walk!
With the health and well-being of our community as our top priority, the 2021 Walk will be virtual again this year. The good news is that last year our walkers discovered that going virtual meant they were able to go bigger. Friends and family members from across the country were able to join teams virtually, moving as one, with one mission—a world without type 1 diabetes (T1D).
The JDRF One Walk is a community fundraising effort, driven by individual experiences, that allows participants to select a goal and activity that is meaningful to them and leverage that experience to inspire support from around the world. No matter what you do, we want you to take lots of photos and make new memories! Please make sure you are following state and local regulations regarding social gatherings.
If you have any questions about our Walk plans this year, please reach out to email@example.com.
To ensure your team is as successful as possible this year, we’ve pulled together some resources to help you in your team recruitment, fundraising and overall energy generation about this exciting event!
JDRF ONE WALK RESOURCES
In addition to the ideas in the Fundraising Tool Kit, there are tons of great ways to fundraise for your JDRF One Walk team from a letter writing campaign to making a unique video of your T1D Champion. The possibilities are endless and there are so many ways to find what works for you and your team.
Back again, fitness tracking through Strava! Make tracking your miles to mission easy by connecting Strava to your participant center. Check out this Strava Guide to get started today! Join our JDRF One Walk Greater New England Chapter club on Strava! Compete against Walkers across all GNE Walk locations. www.strava.com/clubs/JDRFGNEWalk2021
Visit our JDRF One Walk Resource page for fundraising ideas, templates, JDRF info, how-to guides, social media posts and more! jdrf.org/greaternewengland/p/jdrf-one-walk-resource-center/
20 COMPANY CHALLENGE
Through our 20 Company Challenge, we are looking to secure 20 companies to commit $1,000 in support of the Walk. Increase your brand awareness while supporting a great cause!
- Company logo on chapter website and local Walk website (five sites throughout New England).
- Sponsor recognition via social media (Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn, and Twitter).
- Dedicated tagged post about the company joining the challenge.
- Shared tagged post recognizing all challenge sponsors.
- Post-Walk sponsor thank you post.
- Company recognition in chapter celebration video.
- Shared on social media and emailed to all registered walkers the morning of Saturday, October 2.
To receive these benefits, sponsor commitment form and logo must be received by Monday, September 27, 2021.
Interested in joining the challenge or learning about other ways you can support JDRF? Contact us!
LET US RECOGNIZE YOUR FUNDRAISING SUCCESS
Despite not being in person this year, we are still excited for everyone to take part in our One Walk Day on Saturday, October 2. We are delighted to share our 2021 recognition opportunities and incentives with you! Be sure you don’t miss out on all the fun!
- $100 – JDRF One Walk T-Shirt
- $1,000 – V1P Status: exclusive badge, lanyard, collectible lapel pin, t-shirt and award
- $2,500 – Top Walker Door Banner
- $2,021 – Mile of Hope *deadline: 9/24 at noon
- Top Teams – One Walk in a Box: a surprise box of awesome One Walk themed goodies for your own celebration *deadline: 9/13 at 11:59 p.m.
THANK YOU TO OUR SPONSORS!
More from the Greater New England Chapter