We invite you to join the JDRF Youth Ambassador Program, a rewarding and enjoyable program open to children and teens living with type 1 diabetes (T1D). JDRF Youth Ambassadors (YA) represent JDRF at a variety of local events. Youth Ambassadors advocate for the T1D community while supporting each other and helping raise funds for research.
The JDRF Youth Ambassador Program provides members with several opportunities to socialize with and support other T1Ds! Our goal for program participants is to feel ownership and pride in their group and work.
Who is a Youth Ambassador?
Youth Ambassadors are children or teens living with T1D. Youth Ambassadors must feel comfortable sharing their T1D story with their peers and the community. Don’t feel comfortable sharing your story yet? We’ll help you practice!
What does a Youth Ambassador Do?
Youth Ambassadors help raise awareness about type 1 diabetes while volunteering at JDRF events and supporting our programs. In addition to these responsibilities, program participants will have a variety of opportunities to socialize with other YA members.
Examples of Outreach Efforts and Volunteer Opportunities
- Create or join a JDRF One Walk team and share your team page on social media.
- Write thank you notes to be sent to corporate sponsors, donors and event volunteers.
- Write thank you cards for One Night Gala attendees and corporate partners.
- Sign up to be a JDRF Advocate and participate in local JDRF advocacy opportunities, such as the Promise to Remember Me campaign.
- Represent JDRF at local events—both virtual and in-person when possible—and third-party activities.
- Record video messages to be shared on social media and/or sent to JDRF event participants.
- Visit local corporate sponsors and thank them for their support and commitment to JDRF.
- Promote National Diabetes Awareness Month (NDAM) on social media or hold a fundraiser in your community surrounding NDAM and T1D.
- Write thank you cards or create posters for JDRF Ride to Cure participants.
- Ask your school if they would be interested in hosting a JDRF school fundraiser.
We hope your involvement in this program will be fulfilling and inspiring. If you are interested in learning more or joining the Youth Ambassador program, please complete the JDRF Greater New England Youth Ambassador Sign-Up Form 2020-2021 or contact Annamaria Lukes at 781-431-0700 or email@example.com.