ConnecT1D and Camp Leo Adult Retreat
June 22 - 23, 2019, Suquamish, WA
Early Bird Registration is $195. After March 15th, the cost is $225.
Ever wondered how other people with Type 1 Diabetes and their loved ones navigate life's adventures and struggles? We all need inspiration, support and understanding. We gather to be resources for each other and because we all deserve a retreat- a chance to give our full and restful attention to our loved ones, our community and ourselves.
The ConnecT1D Adult Retreat is all about tapping into a community of people who get you. Come spend a weekend with us as we live it up doing fun activities–all related to promoting social connection and emotional wellness while living with T1D.
The Who, Why & What: The ConnecT1D Adult Retreat is an opportunity for people with Type 1 Diabetes (T1D) to come together for a weekend retreat in Suquamish, WA (just a ferry ride away from Seattle) to learn, share and connect around the experience of living with T1D. You’re welcome to bring your partner or closest support person (T3). With humor, compassion and honesty, we’ll have workshops on a variety of topics addressing the psychological and social aspects of the unique life that is living with this chronic condition. Guest vendors will share the latest technology, devices, resources, and services in the T1D world and allow hands on opportunities to see the latest T1D management tools.
When: Saturday, June 22rd- Sunday, June 23th. Registration opens at 9am and the Retreat runs through 3pm Sunday afternoon.
How much: Early Bird Registration is $195. After March 15th, the cost is $225.
Retreat Registration includes:
- Keynote by speaker Jake Johnston, Jake Johnston is a PWD who has lived with T1D for 43 years after getting diagnosed on his third birthday. He’s also the father to a 13-year old daughter with T1D. He believes that having connections to other people with T1D is the reason he’s healthy and happy 43 years into this adventure.
- Workshops put on by local expert speakers, who either have T1D or a close connection to someone who does, on topics ranging from self-care to the newest technology plus multiple sessions that address partners and family members (T3s) who live closely with T1D too.
- Health & Vendor Fair with exhibitor booths and reps from companies offering the latest and greatest technological advancements.
- New in 2019: Creative expression and physical activity sessions.
- Community meals including Saturday lunch, snack, dinner, and Sunday breakfast and lunch.
*Registration does not include cost of hotel room.
More from the JDRF Greater Northwest