- REGISTER today!
- SET BIG GOALS – You can set a fundraising goal and miles to mission. These goals can be set and re-set throughout walk season. Big goals make big changes and we are here to help you achieve them!
- UPDATE YOUR WALK PAGE- add a photo that represents you and your team. Edit your team page with your reasons for taking on these big goals! Tell your story, make it personal and share it with all your friends and family!
- SHARE IT – Connect your page to Facebook, send emails, share, share, share!
New to the JDRF One Walk is our mile tracker: walk anywhere and log your miles towards mission! There is no limit to the miles you can walk or the creativity of your story. Below are a few ideas that may inspire your donors to support you.
Use the T1D Footprint
Visit our I’m the Type page and fill out the T1D Looks Like Me Footprint. Based on diagnosis
date and management, it will provide statistics around the impact T1D has on daily life.
Example: Since diagnosis, Owen has lived with T1D for 4,203 days, so my team will walk 4,203 miles and raise $4,203 to drive awareness and fund research for a cure!
I will walk 500 miles
In the spirit of The Proclaimers – “I will walk 500 miles,” commit to walking 500 miles as a
team. Consider asking everyone on your team to raise $500 to match mileage.
Walk the length or width of your state
Set a team mileage and fundraising goal that is equal to the length or width of your state.
Number of years since diagnosis
Considering using the number of years you’ve had T1D to inspire your goals.
V1P’s + FUNDRAISING INCENTIVE DETAILS
All 2021 JDRF One Walk Fundraising Incentives will be shipped directly to your home during Walk season.
Individuals raising $100+ will earn:
- One Walk T-shirt that will ship directly to your home
Individuals raising $1,000+ will earn:
- Special High Quality V1P Dry wicking T-shirt
- Special recognition on Walk Day
When you fundraise for JDRF One Walk, you help get us closer to a world without T1D. To thank you for all your hard work, we offer some great fundraising rewards. After your final donations are tallied, you can select a reward based on your fundraising total. There are multiple levels starting at just $500 and the more you raise, the more options you can choose from.
WHAT IF I RECEIVE DONATIONS AFTER WALK DAY OR DONATIONS BY CHECK?
Please use the offline donation form in your participant center or include a note as to which team and walker it should be credited to!
You can absolutely continue to fundraise and receive more donations after Walk Day! Donations can be mailed to the JDRF office and they will be credited toward your team:
Attn: Greater New York City – Tricia Martin
P.O. BOX 37920
Boone, IA 50037