JDRF Greater NYC TypeOneNation Summit- Farmingdale, NY
March 25, 2023, Farmingdale, NY
This event is FREE to attend.
The TypeOneNation Summit is a FREE educational and networking opportunity for all impacted by type 1 diabetes (T1D). This event will bring our community together to learn from T1D experts, hear about the latest breakthroughs in T1D research, meet vendor exhibitors, connect with others impacted by T1D, and more. The TypeOneNation Summit is designed for all ages and stages of life with T1D. Whether you are new to T1D, diagnosed 20 years ago, or caring for a loved one with T1D, you won't want to miss this event. We are excited to share that the Youth/Teen Program is back as part of the TON Summit this year. We look forward to having you join us!
8:00 – 8:50 AM | REGISTRATION & NETWORKING
- Vendor Village
- Kid’s Camp Drop-Off
9:00 – 10:00 AM | WELCOME & KEYNOTE PRESENTATION
- Reclaiming Ownership of T1D Numbers and Mindset with Diabetes Coach Lauren Bongiorno, presented by Lauren Bongiorno, founder and CEO of Risely Health
10:15-10:45 AM | BREAKOUT SESSIONS
- Track A: Carb Counting… And Beyond!, presented by Gary Scheiner, MS, CDCES
- Remember when eating a meal was as simple as, well, just eating? Now we must quantify the glycemic effect of the meal in order to dose our insulin properly. Gary Scheiner, author of The Ultimate Guide to Accurate Carb Counting, discusses the role of carbohydrate (and other nutrients) in daily diabetes management, including how different carbs affect us in different ways. Basic and advanced techniques in carbohydrate gram counting will be presented, along with practical ways to handle fat & protein.
- Track B: T1D Screening and Clinical Trials
- Track C: Meditation & T1D: Bringing Wisdom to Life with Diabetes, presented by DiabetesSangha
- In this session, facilitators from the DiabetesSangha will guide an introductory meditation practice, discuss strategies for bringing meditation into everyday life, and share some of their own journeys bringing a meditative mind to Diabetes care.
- Teen Zone, presented by Daniel Phelan
11:00 AM – 12:00 PM | PUTTING TOGETHER YOUR T1D CARE TEAM
- Who should be on your T1D care team? Ask the experts your T1D questions during this interactive panel. Meet the panelists!
- Dena Lampert, LCSW, CASAC, A-CBT
- Marc Adelberg, DDS
- Kimberly Philbin-Andreacchio, RD, CDN, CDCES
- Gary Scheiner, MS, CDCES
- James M. Maisel, MD
12:00 – 12:30 | RESEARCH UPDATE & CLOSING SESSION
12:30 – 1:00 PM | NETWORKING/VENDOR VILLAGE
Youth Program Sponsor
Farmingdale State College
Farmingdale State College: Getting Here
Parking | There is free public parking available in Staff Lot 4A, Student Lot 4B, and Student Lot 18. Additional parking can be found in Student Lot 3.
2350 New York 110
Farmingdale, NY 11735
If you are interested in volunteering at the TypeOneNation Summit, please complete this form.
Meet our Vendors in the Vendor Village!
- JDRF Programs, Resources, Information
- Camp Nejeda
- Xeris Pharmaceuticals (Gvoke)
- Lauren Bongiorno (Risely Health)
- Gary Scheiner, MS, CDCES
- “Ask the Endo” with Stony Brook Children’s Hospital
- Type 1 Action Foundation
- Insulet (Omnipod)
- Retina Group of New York
- Setebaid Services
More from the Greater New York City Chapter