-Please join us in running one of the Shamrock Races the weekend of March 15-17, 2019! Run any race you’d like, from the kids’ final mile, to the 8k, half marathon, or full marathon. No minimum fundraising amount required, though fundraising is encouraged.
-Benefits: Meet great people who want to have fun, create community, and raise money for a great cause. All ages are encouraged. Monthly fun runs for adults and children, with social time following.
-How do you register? sign up through https://www.shamrockmarathon.com then click on register and choose your race.
You can then go to the “JDRF Your Way” fundraising page, search for the Shamrock Events Team, and set up your own (or your family’s) fundraising page. You’re ready to go! https://www2.jdrf.org/site/TR?fr_id=7595&pg=team&team_id=275568
-Please contact Erica at email@example.com or 757-373-7202 with any questions and with your email/phone so you can receive all information on team events and happenings. We hope you can join us as we support JDRF!!
Schedule of Events for Shamrock Races for JDRF!
Tuesday, December 11th, 2018
5:30 – 7 ish pm – Initial Information Meeting at Commonwealth Brewing Co.
Friday, January 4th, 2019
4:45 – 7:00 pm – First Group Run and Social! Meet at the Neptune Statue at 31st Street and the Boardwalk. We will run (walk) for approximately 45-50 minutes, pace to be set by your group. Following the group run, we’ll go grab some food at Aloha Snacks a couple of blocks inland at 501 Laskin Rd. (31st and Holly Rd.).
Sunday, January 27th, 2019
3:00 – 5:30/6:00 pm – Meet at the Parking lot at Hot Tuna/Food Lion off Great Neck and Shore Drive. We will be running along the path leading to First Landing State Park. Run/walk will last 55 – 70 minutes, pace to be set by your group. Following the run, we’ll be heading to Shorebreak for Dinner/Games (2941 Shore Drive, 23451).
Sunday, February 24th, 2019
3:00 – 5:30 pm – Chic’s Beach Run and Social! We’ll be meeting in Chic’s Beach (address to be given later) for a neighborhood and beach run/walk for approximately 50 – 60 minutes, pace to be set by your group. Following the run, we’ll be hanging out outside around the firepit, s’mores, hotdogs, veggies and something to drink will be provided.
Friday March 15, 2019
|12:00 pm – 9:00 pm||Packet Pick-Up and Registration – Virginia Beach Convention Center|
|12:00 pm – 9:00 pm||Shamrock Sports & Fitness Expo – Virginia Beach Convention Center|
|5:30 pm – 7:30 pm||Team Pasta Dinner, Location TBD (gluten free option will be provided as well)|
Saturday March 16, 2019
|7:30 am||TowneBank Shamrock 8K Start – 30th Street and Pacific|
|8:00 am to 12:30 pm||Finish Line Celebration|
|10:30 am||Leprechaun Dash Start – 32nd Street on the Boardwalk|
|11:00 am||Operation Smile Final Mile – Elementary Students – 31st Street and Atlantic|
|12:00 – 5:00 pm||Packet Pick-Up and Registration – Virginia Beach Convention Center|
|12:00 – 5:00 pm||Shamrock Sports & Fitness Expo – Virginia Beach Convention Center|
Sunday March 17, 2019
|7:30 am||Anthem Half Marathon Start & Yuengling Marathon Start – 42nd Street and Atlantic|
|8:30 am – 4:00 pm||Finish Line Celebration|
Sports & Fitness Expo and Packet Pick-Up are located at:
Virginia Beach Convention Center
1000 19th Street
Virginia Beach, VA 23451
- Post to Social Media with a Link to your fundraising page, Tell your story or why you are participating and what the JDRF has done in your life or in the life of someone you know.
- Write a heartfelt letter or email and send it out with a link to your fundraising site. Again, let people know why you are fundraising. The holidays are a perfect time to do this and encouraging people to donate even before the new year begins helps them to get a tax write off for this year! Have your child/children help you write/decorate as well.
- Have a small bake sale or hot chocolate stand. Set up a booth at a local art or craft show.
- Have an Online Silent Auction (I did this one year and raised almost $3,000 with no overhead at all).
- Offer to wash dogs, rake leaves, pick up pinecones, take our your neighbor’s trash and recycle. Every dollar counts and these are pretty kid friendly!
- See if an employer will match the personal contribution of their employees!
- Have a yard sale and advertise that profits will go to JDRF.
Remember, if you don’t ask, people don’t know. Often people want to give,
they just forget, so a gentle reminder is normally a good and welcome idea.
|March 18 -20||March 21 – Aug 31||Sept 1 – Oct 31||Nov 1 – Dec 15||Dec 16 – Jan 31||Feb 1- Feb 28||Feb 15 – March 13||Race Weekend|
|Marathon Relay – 4 legs (price per team)||$160||$185||$190||$200||$220||$240||$260||$260|
|8K Student Rate (18 and under)||$25||$30||$30||$35||$35||$35||$40||$40|