Schools, clubs, sports teams, and youth groups are encouraged to participate in JDRF Illinois: Powered By Kids. We provide all educational and fundraising materials in any quantity at no cost. You can pick one of our fundraisers, combine different activities, or design your own creative idea!
JDRF-branded materials provided: change buckets, change bags, paper sneakers (4 Colors), and vinyl banners.
Here are some ideas to get your event started:
- Spare change or penny wars
- Paper sneaker sales (create a sneaker wall or write T1D notes on the sneaker)
- Event ticket sales: sports event, theater production, chess tournament, etc.
- “Stuck for a Buck”: Sell duct tape & tape your favorite teacher to the wall.
- “Pie Face” – Sell pie plates full of whip cream to throw at a (participating) teacher.
- JDRF Kids Walk “Blue Out T1D”- dress in blue from head to toe
- “Hat enough of T1D” – crazy hat day
- “Sock it to T1D” – crazy sock day
- “Tired of T1D”- pajama day
- “Team Up” to cure T1D – Sports Day
- Dress down day
School Rewards from JDRF and Buona!*
Raise $500+ Receive 30 Buona free dessert coupons.
Raise $1,000+ Receive 200 Buona free dessert coupons to use as an incentive.
Raise $2,000+ Receive 30 free kid’s lunch coupons from Buona for the top class or fundraisers + 200 dessert coupons
Need help explaining T1D? Check out these videos:
Want more information or to start your own event? Contact Lindsey Riley at firstname.lastname@example.org or 312-423-7197