The Youth Ambassador Program teaches young people to raise awareness of type 1 diabetes (T1D) in their community. Youth Ambassadors will gain confidence in public speaking, demonstrate leadership skills and collaborate with T1D peers while advancing the mission of JDRF through fundraising and storytelling. Those chosen to serve as Youth Ambassadors are community representatives of JDRF supporting our vision of a world without T1D.
The core values of the Youth Ambassador Program include:
- Education & Outreach
- Speaking & Storytelling
Youth Ambassador Program Requirements:
- Must be between 8-18 years of age
- Must have T1D and a positive outlook on life with diabetes
- Willingness to share your personal story in front of small and large groups
- Register as the team captain for the JDRF OneWalk
- Create an annual peer to peer fundraiser
- $3,000 annual fundraising requirement
- Attend national and local Youth Ambassador Orientation
- Volunteer at JDRF and community outreach events
- Commit to participate for a two-year term
If you are between the ages of 8-18 and would like to represent JDRF in your community, speak and volunteer at local events, socialize with other T1D kids or teens and make a difference in the fight against T1D then the Youth Ambassador Program is for you! If you have any questions about the JDRF Youth Ambassador Program please contact Lindsey or Ashley .
Meet the 2022 – 2023 JDRF Illinois Youth Ambassadors!