The Youth Ambassador Program for JDRF Illinois empowers young leaders to develop leadership skills while supporting fundraising and awareness efforts for JDRF. Youth Ambassadors will be selected to represent JDRF in their communities and will support the JDRF vision of a world without T1D.
Applications are open to join the Youth Ambassador program for 2020-21! Would you like to work with other young leaders to spread awareness and help turn Type One into Type None?
If you are between the ages of 9-16 and would like to:
- Speak in front of audience
- Volunteer to support and represent JDRF at events
- Socialize with other T1D kids or teens
- Make a DIFFERENCE!
…..then the Youth Ambassador Program is for you!
What does it take to be a Youth Ambassador?
- Ages 9-16 years old
- Have T1D
- Be willing to share his/her personal story in front of small/large groups
- Have a positive outlook on life and diabetes
- Complete volunteer service at JDRF and community outreach events throughout the 2020-21 calendar year
- Annual fundraising requirement
- Ability to communicate with JDRF Staff
- Obtain parental permission
- Minimum Two year term
- Click here for more info.
Interested in becoming a JDRF Illinois Youth Ambassador? Download the application above and return to Lindsey Riley and Ashley DiMiceli by December 2, 2019.
If you have any questions about the JDRF Youth Ambassador Program or would like a Youth Ambassador at your JDRF event or fundraiser, please contact Lindsey or Ashley today!
Meet the 2020-21 JDRF Illinois Youth Ambassadors!