How We’re Doing It
JDRF does more than just fund T1D research. Since our founding in 1970, JDRF has funded over $2.8 billion into finding cures for T1D, but that doesn’t begin to scratch the surface of our impact. JDRF is the global leader in T1D; we collaborate with all stakeholders, including companies, peer organizations, governments, and other agencies, to move the needle as quickly as possible. Over the next 5 years, we will continue to do this with a strategic focus on:
- Supporting therapies through the R&D pipeline that we believe can work and become approved therapies for T1D.
- Making big bets on promising research initiatives with the potential to pay huge dividends.
- Sustaining partnerships with our peers and stakeholders, like the National Institutes of Health, Helmsley Charitable Trust, and other foundations and government funders that leverage resources and complement strengths to fill gaps and remove barriers.
- Cultivating multi-disciplinary teams with diverse participants to address specific scientific challenges.
- Guiding the activities of T1D stakeholders in academia, private sector, and government via thought leadership to achieve our goals.