Corporate Fitness Challenges
Fitness Tracking, JDRF & Your Company
Fitness tracking has been a mainstay in employee health and wellness programs for several years, and many companies leverage JDRF One Walk as a way to build positive corporate culture. Now, through JDRF One Walk’s recently launched fitness tracking integration, your company can combine both of these efforts to deliver deeper and more meaningful employee engagement.
Register your team today!
Why T1D & JDRF, & Why Today?
Type 1 diabetes (T1D) is a chronic, life-threatening autoimmune disease that is currently unpreventable and incurable. 1.6 million Americans are living with T1D, and by 2050, that number is expected to increase to 5 million – or 1 in every 65 people in the U.S. Today, the financial cost of diabetes, both type 1 and 2, exceeds $245 billion each year, and JDRF research drives better treatments and therapies to reduce the financial burden on the healthcare system and to employers. The COVID-19 pandemic has put research at risk, and we can’t afford to fall behind.
Challenge Employees to Reach a Shared Goal
- Set a company-wide goal for fundraising and mileage. Work with your JDRF staff partner to identify meaningful goals that help tell your employee engagement/corporate mission story.
- Enlist support from the senior leaders at your company.
- Inspire & incentivize your employees to participate by using matches for fundraising and/or mileage achievements.
- Perfect for: Companies who thrive working together to achieve big goals.
Engage Departments/Teams in a Challenge
- Opportunity for your organization to mobilize, unify and engage the largest base of employees across multiple locations.
- Your organization’s different departments/teams can challenge each other in friendly competition through a combination of fundraising and mileage goals.
- Though many teams/departments will set their own goals, consider setting a company-wide goal so that your departments/teams know what to shoot for.
- Enlist support from department leaders.
- Consider offering a compelling prize for the winning team that creates excitement in your company culture.
- Perfect for: Companies who have many departments/teams and revel in competition
Challenge Another Company/Organization
- Challenge a business that you work with, a like company or even another One Walk Corporate Partner. Work with your JDRF staff partner to pick the right challenge for your company.
- Engage leadership from both organizations in the challenge publicly.
- Consider offering two incentives, one for your employees and one to excite and inspire the other company.
- Perfect for: Companies who have been participating as a One Walk team for some time and are looking for something new.
Make milestones fun & connected to JDRF and/or your Company’s mission
Here are some suggested milestones:
- First 1.6 miles – in recognition of the 1.6M Americans who live with T1D
- First 50 miles – in recognition of JDRF’s 50 years of progress
- 64,000 or 64 – how many adults are diagnosed with T1D each year
- Circle the earth or travel to the moon
- Tie your mileage goal to the number of employees in your company or other significant number
Wichita • Kansas City Metro • St. Louis Metro
Register your team today!
Have questions? Contact Becky Smith
RSmith@JDRF.org or call or text 816.536.5395