Spread awareness of type 1 diabetes and JDRF every time you drive! JDRF license plates for Tennessee are now available for pre-order. Created by Nashville artist Aaron Grayum, the plate features a unique and eye-catching design which reflects the highs and lows of daily life with type 1 diabetes (#T1D). A minimum of 1,000 pre-orders is required by June 30, 2020 in order for the plates to go into production, so now is the time to order!
Important Information / FAQs:
- How much does it cost? The cost for the pre-order is $35 per plate, with a portion going to JDRF. The yearly fee for a specialty license plate in Tennessee is currently $61.50 (versus the standard plate fee of $26.50). A portion of each yearly specialty plate fee will be given to JDRF, so by ordering your JDRF license plate, you’ll continue to support JDRF year after year!
- Do I need to fill out the form separately for each plate I want to purchase? Yes. If there are multiple drivers in your household that will be ordering a plate, you will fill out the form once for each driver. Please note that the form has a section for Donor Information, which will be the information of the person paying for the plate, as well as a section for License Plate Information, which should be filled out with the information of the person under who’s name the plate will be registered (the name on the title of the vehicle). If you are purchasing 3 plates for 3 separate family members, but the title of all 3 vehicles is under the same name, you will fill out the form 3 times with the same information.
- What if the plate doesn’t reach the minimum amount of 1,000 pre-orders? While we are hopeful that we’ll reach the minimum by the cutoff date of June 30, 2020, if the plate does not reach the amount required for production, you will receive an email letting you know, and your pre-order payment will be considered a donation to JDRF. No pre-order payments will be refunded.
- I already filled out the Interest Form for the License Plate. Do I need to fill out this order form too? Yes. The interest form allowed us to collect contact information to let those interested know when the plate was available for pre-order. Now that it is, we’ll need your contact and payment information in order to submit your order to the State of Tennessee.
- What do I need to do after I submit the payment form? Nothing! Once you submit your information and payment, you are all set. If/when the minimum threshold of orders is met, you will receive a letter from the State of Tennessee at the address you provided, indicating your plate number and letting you know when your license plate will be at your county office for pickup. In the event that the pre-order threshold is not met by June 30, 2020, you will be notified via email and your payment will become a donation to JDRF.
Thank you for your interest, and for supporting JDRF’s vision of a world without type 1 diabetes!