Ask yourself these 5 questions…
Are you looking to be a part of a fun and passionate T1D community?
Are you looking for ways to spend less time at home and more time making memories outside with your family?
Have you recently bought a bike or Peloton and found joy in the sport or do you need motivation to hop on it?
Are you in search of getting out of your comfort zone to challenge yourself?
Have you been intrigued by the Ride program but intimidated by the travel or fundraising minimums?
If you answered yes to any of the questions above, read on to learn more about JDRF My Ride.
JDRF My Ride is for all riders — beginner or experienced — who share the commitment to ride and raise funds for a world without T1D.
JDRF My Ride:
- Requires no registration fee or minimum fundraising requirement just incentives based on how much you raise.
- You determine the location, distance, route you want to take and whether you are riding solo or with family.
- Allows you to gain access to our fitness challenges which will keep you motivated to reach your goals.
- Track your mileage and compete with your teammates using the Strava app.
- And best of all, we will all come together (virtually) on October 2-3 to ride and to celebrate our collective accomplishments.
No matter where you live, how you choose to ride or how far you go, you’ll be surrounded by the T1D community cheering you on at every milestone.
Steps you can take to Get Involved:
- Register to join our Ride Team and start your own fundraising page.
- Set a goal – for fundraising and mileage. The distance is up to you – you can choose to ride 5 miles, 20 miles, 62.13 (metric century) or any other mileage! And, depending on how much you raise you can receive different perks! Check out these ideas to get your wheels turning!
- Participate in the fitness challenges which will help you stay motivated and train for your big ride on Oct. 3!
- Share your virtual ride day photos and videos with us on October 3. If you aren’t able to ride on that day – find the day that works best for you!
TIMELINE OF EVENTS
10/2 – 10/3: Ride Weekend – Virtual Ride, Awards & Celebration to follow
Do you have questions about riding with T1D?
Our teammates & T1D Champions from DC James Grosser and Maggie Morris would be happy to chat with you about their experience!
Do you have questions about the equipment needed to get started or how to train for a certain mileage goal?
Reach out to our coaches Matthew Majikes and Lisa Lackovitch in Virginia with your questions.
Do you have questions about our overall Ride program, fundraising, or anything else?
Email me – firstname.lastname@example.org – I’d love to chat!