Hi Type 1 Parents and Teens!
My name is Jenn Fleischer and I’m excited to be the new JDRF volunteer heading up the Teens Talk About Diabetes group!
A little about me: I have been living with T1D for 25 years. I was diagnosed at the age of 9. In my teens I was very involved in sports, theater and my favorite subject was science, all while being the only student with T1D in my school. As an adult I chose to make diabetes a career by becoming a registered dietitian, certified diabetes educator and certified health and wellness coach. In my teen years I remember wishing I had a group of others my age to relate to and that is why I am excited for the opportunity to lead this group!
We are we are reaching out today looking for 3-4 teen volunteers who would like to be a part of a teen leadership team. If you are interested participating on the leadership team please see the details below and fill out the application survey by clicking the link at the bottom. All applications are due by August 18 and leaders will be notified by August 31.
TTAD Teen Leadership Team Details
- involves working closely with group leader on event brainstorming, planning and organizing
- assisting leader at group meetings/events
- 1 phone planning meeting each month
- completion of all assigned tasks
- attendance of TTAD group meetings (bimonthly/six total gatherings a year)
- this is a great opportunity to connect with other teens
- gain leadership skills and event planning experience
Many of the group details for this year have not yet been decided. We have an opportunity to be creative and come up with meetings and events that you want to be a part of! These details will be determined by the leader and teen leadership team. The frequency of TTAD gatherings will most likely be every other month (meeting events 6 times a year).
Thank you all and I am looking forward to an exciting year with you!