Building a T1D Dream Team: Forming an Alliance Between Parent & Child
July 23, 2019, Saint Paul, MN
6:00 pm - 8:00 pm
Dr. Sam Marzouk, Ph.D., will discuss the importance of building an alliance between parents and children with T1D.
Dr. Sam Marzouk is a postdoctoral fellow in clinical child psychology at Children’s Hospitals & Clinics of Minnesota, and specializes in working with children and adolescents with diabetes. Sam is passionate about partnering with kids, teens and their families to help empower them with the skills necessary to manage diabetes in a consistent and effective manner.
- Learn strategies to communicate effectively with your child regarding diabetes related issues
- How to promote independence in your child through effective communication strategies
- Gain an understanding of how the most well-intentioned parents can fall prey to the dreaded “miscarried helping cycle”
- Learn evidence-based strategies for both preventing and approaching diabetes related conflict with your child
- Strategies for translating effective communication during the summer into the new school year
FREE to attend. Registration details coming soon.
More from the Minnesota Chapter