TypeOneNation Summit 2022
May 21, 2022, Saint Paul, MN
8:30 am - 12:00 pm (Central Time)
Join us for an in-person educational summit that brings the T1D community together. TypeOneNation is a morning of education where you can talk to experts about research advances, meet with other attendees to network and exchange ideas, and participate in discussions important to you.
- 8:00 AM | Registration and Vendor Exhibition
- 9:00 AM | Welcome & JDRF Research Update
- 9:15 AM | Juan Cruz “JC” Aragone, American Tennis Player
- 10 AM | Breakout Sessions
- A Parent’s Guide to Addressing Behavioral Challenges related to Childhood T1D
- Building Confidence & Healthy Practices in Nutrition & Exercise
- 11:00 AM | A Conversation with the T1D Community, A Panel Discussion
- 11:50 AM | Vendor Fair | Coffee and Conversation Groups
- Options Include:
- Newly Diagnosed
- Parents and Grandparents
- Options Include:
- Dan DeMarias – T1D Adult, Business Development Director, Salo, LLC
- Jose Jimenez-Vega, MD – Pediatric Endocrinologist, Assistant Professor, Department of Pediatrics, University of Minnesota
- Mohannad Alkhatib- JDRF Research Information Volunteer (RIV)
- Ann Nerland- JDRF Advocacy Team Chair, JDRF Board Member
- Lauren Plunkett, RDN, CDCES- Registered Dietician, Diabetes Education Specialist, Public Speaker, Author and T1D Adult
- Sam Marzouk, PhD, L.P.- Pediatric Psychologist, Promethean Psychology, specializing in children and adolescents with T1D
At JDRF, protecting the health and safety of our guests, donors, volunteers and staff remains a top priority as we prepare to come together in person to advance the mission we all share.
JDRF has analyzed recent COVID-19 data and trends and there has been a decrease in the number of COVID-19 cases around the country. For this reason, JDRF has made the decision to discontinue the proof of vaccination and/or negative COVID test requirement for attendees of TypeOneNation.
Individuals who wish to wear masks at any of our JDRF events are encouraged and welcome to do so. For the health and safety of everyone, event attendees experiencing signs of illness are kindly asked to stay home. If you have any questions, please contact Elizabeth Anderson, email@example.com.
With your continued support, we move closer to curing T1D every day. Thank you!
More from the Minnesota and Dakotas Chapter