We’re hiring! Do you know someone (maybe it’s you!) who would like to work in an inspirational environment, for a worthy cause, with a great team? Could your talents and experience help us find the cure for Type 1 diabetes?
Jackson, MS, USA
JDRF is the leading global organization focused on type 1 diabetes (T1D) research. JDRF’s goal is to progressively remove the impact of T1D from people’s lives until we achieve a world without T1D. JDRF collaborates with a wide spectrum of partners and is the only organization with the scientific resources, policy influence and a working plan to bring life-changing therapies from the lab to the community. As the largest charitable supporter of T1D research, JDRF has invested nearly $2B in research over the past 45 years and is sponsoring scientific research in 17 countries worldwide. For more information, please visit http://www.jdrf.org.
As a JDRF team member, you can look forward to interesting and challenging work, building strong relationships with fellow staff and our network of volunteers, and having a meaningful impact on the lives of everyone affected by this devastating disease.
The Development Manager role is a great opportunity to join a strong JDRF Chapter team and work closely with the Executive Director and local leadership, regional teams and an outstanding group of volunteers to increase the reach and impact of the Chapter.
The Development Manager will manage, evaluate, and expand campaigns including JDRF One Walk, Hope Gala and T1D Connections Outreach program that build and strengthen links to potential and existing volunteers and donors and grow the Chapter’s revenue through increased corporate, individual, volunteer, and other community involvement. He or she will manage, organize and coordinate appropriate committees with volunteers to expand fundraising and non-fundraising programs.
The Development Manager will manage expenses and event logistics for these events and programs. He/she will be a relationship manager for donors and volunteers, including the Chapter’s walk families, as well as corporate entities. They will be responsible for developing volunteer leadership structures within each of their programs. A solid background relationship management and in corporate development is essential as is a thorough understanding of the JDRF mission. This position requires a strong, collaborative leader who is results-oriented.
The Development Manager position is a wonderful opportunity for a driven, experienced, and talented fundraising professional. This position is responsible for the management and financial growth for the Chapter’s One Walk Peer-to-Peer fundraising efforts, the Hope Gala, JDRF’s signature fundraising event and the T1D Connection’s Outreach Program.
- Lead staff member for One Walk & Gala signature fundraising programs; this position leads both staff and volunteer leaders in executing and planning these programs. Ensures that revenue goals are met and event expenses remain within budget.
- In partnership with the Executive Director as well as with national and regional partners, develop One Walk & Gala operational plans that include budget, team development, corporate development, volunteer development and logistics
- Develop and manage high-level volunteer committee strategies that drive fundraising and event logistic execution efficiency, while also delivering meaningful volunteer engagement
- Working within JDRF’s volunteer-staff partnership environment, the Development Manager will support and maintain an understanding of JDRF’s mission and research strategy
- Collaborate with an outstanding team of chapter staff as well as national/regional staff teams to ensure the Chapter’s growth and success, discuss best practices, and share new ideas
- Grow Chapter’s revenue through increased corporate, individual, and volunteer cultivation and stewardship
- In partnership with the Executive Director analyze and manage all One Walk and Gala program expenses and revenue streams including; provide accurate forecasts and participate in the budgeting process
- Assist Executive Director on sponsorship pipeline development, solicitation and procurement by developing win-win sponsorship opportunities that focus on retention and growth
- Assist Executive Director in identification, qualification, cultivation, solicitation and then stewards sponsors, supporters and event participants
- Ensure the confidentiality and security of proprietary information
- Establish a network through which he/she represents the organization in professional societies/organizations
- Directly supervises Development Assistant
- Perform other duties as assigned by his/her immediate supervisor
- Bachelor’s degree required; CFRE a plus
- 2+ years supervisory experience
- 5 + years of relevant fundraising/business experience required or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Experienced with staff and volunteer management, including committee development and succession planning
- Demonstrated experience with fundraising and event management including budgeting and forecasting
- Understanding and working knowledge of donor-centered philanthropy within the Mississippi landscape
- Team player that has the ability to interface with all levels of staff and volunteers; high capacity to assess the value, importance, and/or quality of activities and people
- Understanding of computer systems and databases; strong knowledge of Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint) CRM, Luminate, Greater Giving experience a plus
- Proven ability to effectively multi-task, establish priorities, and work in a fast paced environment meeting deadlines under pressure
- Excellent written, oral, and communication skills; ability for presentation delivery, conveying ideas, and instructing effectively
- Superior active listening, observation, analytical, and problem recognition and solving skills
- Ability to work independently and take initiative; well-disciplined and a self-starter that is extremely resourceful
- Ability to travel locally required; occasional overnight, evening, and weekend work required
JDRF is an Equal Opportunity Employer.