JDRF’s Bag of Hope program is a free resource which provides information and support to families with children who are newly diagnosed with type 1 diabetes (T1D) within the last 6 months.
The JDRF Bag of Hope is filled with useful resources for both the child who has been diagnosed with T1D and his or her adult caregivers. Along with educational materials, we’ve included a special friend – Rufus the Bear with Diabetes – to show your child he or she is not alone while learning to take shots and test blood sugar. Additional resources in your JDRF Bag of Hope include (but are not limited to):
- Rufus Comes Home (book)
- A First Book for Understanding Diabetes
- Additional reference books
- A JDRF DVD
- An ACCU-CHEK Nano SmartView blood glucose meter
- Informational postcard about the support Lilly Diabetes offers families
- Lilly Diabetes literature on severe hypoglycemia management
- A Novo Nordisk keychain Webkey with details on the NovoPen Echo reusable insulin pen
- A Novo Nordisk postcard with information on T1D support from novologreach.com
- A Road ID bracelet for Rufus, as well as discount coupon for a Road ID bracelet for your child
- Dexcom continuous glucose monitor educational brochure and water bottle
How do I get a Bag of Hope??
If your child has been diagnosed with type 1 diabetes within the last 6 months, and you did not receive a Bag of Hope at the point of diagnosis (bags are typically distributed by a “veteran” family through Primary Children’s Medical Center), PLEASE submit your request to our office and we will get one to you! Download the attached form by clicking the link below and return to JDRF Utah/Idaho Chapter at firstname.lastname@example.org (you can also mail completed forms to 132 S 600 E, Ste. 100, Salt Lake City, UT 84102). Upon receipt of your form, JDRF staff or volunteers will contact you.