Creativity is the mother of invention and we have some incredible Walkers and Riders who have gotten extra creative in 2020 to raise critical funds for T1D research. Looking for a stroke of inspiration to kickstart your own fundraising? Check out these stories from your peers:
- Will’s Warriors Team Captain Melissa uses her talents to create Hope car decals to benefit her team through her Etsy page, T1Decal. She also follows up with all her donors to see if their employers have a matching gift program – such an easy way to double your impact! To see if your company has a matching gift program, check with your HR partner or visit jdrf.org/matchinggifts.
- Team Infinity & Beyond has always had a thing for tie dye, creating their team t-shirts by dying past Walk T-Shirts but this year, they upped their game! This team is creating beautiful tea towels to auction off on Facebook.
- Wagner Walkers found hosting a good, old-fashioned giveback day worked really well! They got 6 Dunkin Donuts locations to donate 15% of proceeds for a single day and raised nearly $1,000!
- Diabesties for a Cure Team Captain Mckall used her skills as a graphic designer to create fun T1D t-shirts and is selling them through the Bonfire platform. You can purchase one of her shirts HERE and the proceeds will accelerate T1D research.
- Lyla’s Little Valentines is another team that is capitalizing on their talents! Lyla and her family go all out with zucchini bread fundraisers and to date have raised more than $2,000 by sharing this yummy treat with their friends and neighbors!
- Team Peachy lives by the mantra “movement is medicine.” Team Captain Irma is a certified yoga instructor and has been hosting socially distant, small outdoor classes to benefit T1D research.
- When Covid took off in March, Peter’s Pancreas Pacers Team Captain Meredith saw a new need in the community – masks! Meredith and her family undertook a huge endeavor sewing masks in exchange for donations to their team. TO date, they’ve sewn more than 1,000 masks and raised more than $33,000 for T1D research! To purchase a mask, contact Meredith.
Looking for more ideas or just need a good sounding board to bounce ideas off of? We’re here to help! Reach out to Dana at DSlack@jdrf.org or 303-209-7726.