FOR HEALTHCARE PROVIDERS
The American Diabetes Association (ADA) 82nd Scientific Sessions took place earlier this summer, allowing many to take a look at the latest advances in diabetes research, treatment and care. We saw encouraging and remarkable breakthroughs that are paving the way to better therapies for people with type 1 diabetes (T1D). Below are some key highlights. For a full recap, watch Everything You Need to Know about the ADA Scientific Sessions with JDRF CEO Aaron Kowalski on demand here.
- Cures: Vertex shared positive results from the human clinical trial of VX-880—their stem cell-based cell replacement therapy—in people with T1D with severe hypoglycemia and hypoglycemia unawareness. All three participants in the trial are doing well, with one now being 100% insulin independent!
- Therapies: New therapies are emerging to treat the underlying autoimmunity responsible for T1D, and multiple therapies that can modify and even delay the onset of T1D are in clinical testing.
- Life with T1D: A range of next generation T1D tech is on its way, including continuous glucose monitors and automated insulin delivery systems. These devices will give people with T1D more options to manage the disease.
FREE ACCREDITED EDUCATION
JDRF also collaborates with Med-IQ and the Hemsley Charitable Trust to offer FREE Accredited Education and Resources for Healthcare Professionals.
Click here to explore a full range of offerings that provide the latest information and trends in T1D management and screening to help improve patient engagement and outcomes. These complimentary accredited and non-accredited educational E-Briefs and Webcasts are open to all healthcare professionals, including pharmacists, nurses and primary care physicians.
FOR YOUR PATIENTS
JDRF offers support and education for your patients, regardless of their stage of diagnosis and age. As they head back to school, manage T1D in the workplace or navigate insurance enrollment this upcoming season, we are here to help!
Check out the links below and share these great resources:
- Back to School Resources
- 504 Resources
- College Diabetes Network – Off to College with T1D
- T1D in the Workplace
- JDRF Insurance Guide
Patients can join JDRF, the ADA and Sansum Diabetes Research Institute for a virtual Back to School Town Hall on Tuesday, August 9, at 4pm MT. Register here.
NEW T1D PATIENT RESOURCES
As T1D diagnosis rates continue to increase across the country, we thought it might be a good time to remind you of our Newly Diagnosed resources for all ages. These resources supplement your diabetes educational materials and offer a link to community support.
- Bag of Hope – The JDRF Bag of Hope is filled with useful resources for both the child who has been diagnosed with T1D and their caregivers. Along with educational materials, we’ve included a special friend — Rufus, the Bear with Diabetes® — to show your child they are not alone while learning to take shots and test blood sugar.
- No Limits Teen Care Kit – Our JDRF No Limits® Teen care kit provides teens and parents with the information and encouragement needed to adjust to life with T1D. You’ve got this!
- No Limits Adult Care Kit – The JDRF No Limits® Adult care kit is a free resource providing information and tools to educate, support and inspire newly diagnosed adults with T1D.
If you are interested in ordering kits to be available at your clinic or want to learn more, please reach out to Angie Lankford at email@example.com
JDRF’s No Limits Virtual Speaker Series is designed exclusively for newly diagnosed parents, caregivers and individuals. Our next session – Food, Nutrition & Type 1 Diabetes: Using Food & Nutrition as Tools to Better Manage Your Type 1 Diabetes – will be on Thursday, August 18, at 5pm MT. Click here to register.
INTERESTED IN LEARNING MORE?
Contact Andrea on your JDRF Team at firstname.lastname@example.org or 720-237-5849.