National Diabetes Awareness Month (NDAM) is observed every November to bring attention to diabetes and its effects on millions of Americans. As the leading global organization funding type 1 diabetes (T1D) research, JDRF leads the way to educate the public, and we hope the T1D community can help us spread awareness about what it means to live with T1D and raise funds to accelerate life-changing breakthroughs to cure, prevent and treat T1D and its complications. Here are some exciting things to keep an eye out for during this time, resources to help raise awareness and tips to launch some exciting fundraisers.
- Who’s the #T1DChampion in your life? Share with our T1D Champions. All Day. Every Day. photo filter and the #T1DChampion hashtag on social media.
- Dine for Diabetes with Not Your Average Joe’s! Every Monday and Tuesday throughout November visit your local Not Your Average Joe’s for lunch, dinner or even takeout—simply show them the flyer and they’ll donate 15% of your check!
- JDRF is proud to be a partner organization at the Massachusetts State House this year to help raise awareness! Join us for a speaking program at the Massachusetts State House on Wednesday, November 13 at 11 a.m. RSVP at jdrf-ne.org/WDD2019.
- Visit the Rhode Island State House anytime between Thursday, November 14 through Wednesday, November 20 to see it lit up blue in honor of World Diabetes Day!
- Go Blue! Be on the lookout for when MassDOT lights up the Leonard P. Zakim Bunker Hill Memorial Bridge (Boston) and Kenneth F. Burns Memorial Bridge (Shrewsbury) blue in honor of World Diabetes Day on November 14. Ask your town to light a bridge!
- Take the family ice skating on Sunday, November 17 from 11 a.m. – 2 p.m. at MarketStreet in Lynnfield with the T1D community! 50% of all admission prices will be donated back to the JDRF One Walk!
- Shop to Support at Kendra Scott on Sunday, November 17 from 2 – 4 p.m. in the Dedham and Lynnfield locations. Can’t make it to the store? Place a phone order! Kendra Scott is donating 20% of their sales back to JDRF!
- Dine for Diabetes with Wahlburgers on Wednesday, November 20 from 4 – 9 p.m. at the Lynnfield location. Share this flyer with your server and they will donate a percentage of the sales back to JDRF!
- Get Your School Involved: JDRF is happy to provide materials to host your own in-school fundraiser, like putting a cap on T1D by donating $1 to wear a baseball cap for the day, or selling paper sneakers.
Looking for more ideas? Check out our National Diabetes Awareness Month Info-graphic! Download it, share it with friends, family, supporters and your Walk teams!