The Young Leadership Committee (YLC) is comprised of young professionals dedicated to raising awareness and funds for JDRF. The committee hosts various fundraising, networking, and social events that attract hundreds of young professionals between the ages of 21 and 40 in the Boston area.
Members of the YLC are asked to attend meetings where they are given the opportunity to take part in the inception, planning, and ultimately the success of several social functions throughout the year aimed at benefiting JDRF. Additionally, the committee hosts occasional networking and social gatherings to foster an environment of year-round involvement.
The funds raised through YLC events support JDRF and JDRF-funded research aimed at finding better treatments and a cure for people with type 1 diabetes (T1D).
YLC plays a large role in supporting JDRF’s commitment to providing social, emotional, and practical support to children and adults with T1D and their families. The primary goal is to provide information and support to anyone facing the daily challenges of living with T1D. The secondary goal is to encourage membership and participation in JDRF by demonstrating JDRF’s value to all who hope for better treatments and a cure for T1D and its complications.
- Grab a Drink with the YLC: Join the YLC for their monthly Grab a Drink social event series for drinks, appetizers, and networking at Central Wharf Co. on Wednesday, February 12, 2020 at 6 p.m. All are welcome! If you are new to the YLC, or have had an extended absence, this is an opportunity for you to reengage and learn about ways you can get involved in upcoming events and meet our YLC leaders.
- Post-TypeOneNation Grab a Drink: Join the YLC after the TypeOneNation Summit at Dillon’s in Back Bay for drinks and networking!
- Derby Days: Betting on a Cure: JDRF Derby Days: Betting on a Cure is a Kentucky Derby viewing party–with attendees joining from within the T1D community and beyond, helping to celebrate spring with fun and philanthropy. In its 4th year, the YLC is excited to watch the races and join other young professionals in the Boston area in an effort to cure T1D. All proceeds will benefit JDRF New England.
Connect with the YLC!
- Website: jdrf.org/newengland/p/young-leadership-committee
- Facebook: facebook.com/JDRFneYLC
- Instagram: @jdrfneylc
- Twitter: @JDRFneYLC
For more information about joining the YLC, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.