The JDRF Northeast Wisconsin Chapter has created a Youth Ambassador (YA) Program! Ambassadors will have year round involvement in providing awareness to our community while giving volunteer hours to JDRF to support its mission to decrease the burden of T1D until we achieve a world where type one becomes type none.
What is a Youth Ambassador?
Youth Ambassadors are young people with type 1 diabetes (T1D), between the ages of 6 and 18, who are willing to share their story in order to increase awareness of type 1 diabetes and who are interested in becoming involved with volunteer efforts of the JDRF Northeast Wisconsin Chapter.
What does a Youth Ambassador do?
We need your voice, your participation and your leadership.
- Write hand written thank you notes to select donors throughout the year
- Make thank you phone calls throughout the year
- Work with JDRF staff to help prepare a speech and present your personal experience with diabetes at events throughout the year
- Be available to help with posters, videos and as a media contact throughout the year
- Stop by corporate partners office locations to say “thank you” and take a picture
- Meet with Congressional representatives about diabetes issues as they arise
- Other activities to help spread the word about JDRF and type 1 diabetes in our community throughout the year
What are the Youth Ambassador Requirements?
- Age 6-18 years old
- Must have T1D (and have been diagnosed longer than 3 months)
- Have the ability to speak positively about diabetes and diabetes management
- Be willing and comfortable sharing his/her personal story in front of small and large groups
- Passion for the JDRF Mission
- Be committed and present throughout the one year term
- Must attend Youth Ambassador Training (informational meeting)
- Must Participate in a chapter fundraising program or create your own fundraising event
How do you apply?
Please note: Application deadline is Friday, June 15, 2018. If you have any questions please contact Ashleigh Sand, email@example.com or 920.997.0038.