What is a Youth Ambassador?
Youth Ambassadors are young people with type 1 diabetes (T1D), between the ages of 6 and 18, who are willing to share their story in order to increase awareness of type 1 diabetes and who are interested in becoming involved with volunteer efforts of the JDRF Northeast Wisconsin Chapter.
What does a Youth Ambassador do?
We need your voice, your participation and your leadership.
- Write hand written thank you notes to select donors throughout the year
- Make thank you phone calls throughout the year
- Work with JDRF staff to help prepare a speech and present your personal experience with diabetes at events throughout the year
- Be available to help with posters, videos and as a media contact throughout the year
- Stop by corporate partners office locations to say “thank you” and take a picture
- Meet with Congressional representatives about diabetes issues as they arise
- Other activities to help spread the word about JDRF and type 1 diabetes in our community throughout the year
What are the Youth Ambassador Requirements?
- Age 6-18 years old
- Must have T1D (and have been diagnosed longer than 3 months)
- Have the ability to speak positively about diabetes and diabetes management
- Be willing and comfortable sharing his/her personal story in front of small and large groups
- Passion for the JDRF Mission
- Be committed and present throughout the one year term
- Must attend Youth Ambassador Training (informational meeting)
- Must Participate in a chapter fundraising program or create your own fundraising event
How do you apply?
Complete the NEWI Youth Ambassador Application in google docs or e-mail to Ashleigh Sand email@example.com.
Please note: Application deadline is Friday, June 14, 2019. If you have any questions please contact Ashleigh Sand, firstname.lastname@example.org or 920.997.0038.