Camp Nejeda: CE Course for Nurses
May 18, 2019, Marlton, NJ
The Camp Nejeda Foundation is pleased to offer Type 1 Diabetes in Children; an educational seminar for RNs, CDEs, Pharmacists, and Dietitians.
The Camp Nejeda Foundation is pleased to offer Type 1 Diabetes in Children; an educational seminar for RNs, CDEs, Pharmacists, and Dietitians. The seminar includes the following objectives:
1. Explain the clinical diagnosis of Type 1 Diabetes
2. Demonstrate the proper use of basal/bolus insulin and carbohydrate counting skills
3. Discuss the proper use of insulin pumps and CGMs
4. Discuss the proper use of insulin ports
5. Discuss the proper use of older conventional insulin
6. Explain proper management of children with diabetes during exercise and on sick days
7. Explain the significance and proper treatment of ketones
8. Recognize and demonstrate proper treatment for hypoglycemia
9. Identify the general medical needs of children with diabetes
Learning Outcome: Participants in this seminar will become familiar with the types of insulin available, methods of insulin administration and blood sugar monitoring/management, and the pathophysiology of type 1 diabetes. They will take away knowledge which they will be able to apply in caring for children with type 1 diabetes in schools or other settings.
This continuing nursing education activity was approved by The American Association of Diabetes Educators, an accredited approver by the American Nurses Credentialing Center’s Commission on Accreditation. This program 2018-056 is awarded 4.5 contact hours of continuing education credit.
Criteria for Awarding Contact Hours: For successful completion, participants are required to be in attendance for the full activity, receive a minimum score of 80% on a post-test, and complete and submit the program evaluation at the conclusion of the educational event.
This is a community event; JDRF does not claim responsibility for this event. Please direct all questions regarding this event to the contact provided below.
More from the New Jersey Metro and Rockland County Chapter