Maine One Walk
September 15, 2019, Saco, ME
The 2018 JDRF One Walk Maine was awarded at $15,000 grant!!!! Thank you to the More family for your connection with the grantor.
On Saturday, January 12, we celebrated our Maine walkers with an awards ceremony. We had a terrific turn out of 17 teams and 112 people attend. Thank you to all of our team captains, walkers, supports and especially the T1D superheros that we walk for!
The 2019 JDRF One Walk Maine will be held on Sunday, September 15, 2019, Thornton Academy, Saco Maine. Our emcee, WMTWs Christina Frank, fellow T1D, will start off the festivities.
When You Arrive
- All Teams and individual Walkers are to proceed to the Check-In Tent:
- If you have Walk donations to turn in, donations should be sealed in a completed Walker Collection Envelope. Every Walker turning in funds should turn in their own separate envelope. We will also have Collection Envelopes available at Check-In.
- Get a t-shirt ticket at Check-In: Did you personally raise at least $100 for JDRF? Be sure to get a t-shirt ticket at Check-In as a thank you for your support!Walk Day is a wonderful, fun and festive day and we ask that all our Walkers come prepared to enjoy the day RAIN or SHINE. We also encourage anyone with special dietary needs or health concerns to take these into consideration when packing and preparing for Walk Day. Don’t forget your Team t-shirt, best walking shoes and enthusiasm. We also welcome you to bring a blanket or lawn chairs to enjoy your lunch.Food and Refreshments
- While we provide as many refreshments as possible thanks to our in-kind sponsors, please understand that we have a limited quantity of food available and we are not able to meet all dietary needs. We ask that you please come prepared in order to enjoy the activities of the day.
- What to Bring
- After the Walk: Stop by the Food Tent for limited sandwiches and lunch provided by Olive Garden.
spaghetti with marinara (4 oz serving) – 37g
salad with dressing, without croutons (1 serving) – 6g
breadstick – 25g
sandwiches – 20-25g
We will be following the Eastern Trail, starting at the Thornton Academy Middle School. The trail is well marked and we will also have trail volunteers to help direct you. We will have one water and apple stop at the crossing of Moody Street. The turn around point is at mile marker 16 ¼.
- Vendor Booths will be open before and after the Walk. This year we’ll be joined by fantastic partners. Also be sure to check out the JDRF Advocacy Table for information.
- The Kids Tent is the place to be… Stop by in the morning to get a sneaker tattoo. Pop back in after the Walk for craft project. Home Depot will be there to assist you with building kits.
- Party Palooza will be present to make some great balloon art and glitter tattoo (11:30-1:30pm).
More from the Northern New England Chapter