Join us for the JDRF NorCal Annual Meeting & Research Discussion on February 28
Save the date! On February 28, join us for the JDRF Northern California Chapter Annual Meeting & Research Discussion at the City Club in San Francisco. The event will feature a chapter and organization update, followed by a panel research discussion with Mark Anderson, MD, PhD, Professor, Diabetes Center, UCSF and Kyle Loh, PhD, Assistant Professor of Developmental Biology (Stem Cell), Stanford, moderated by Aaron Kowalski, PhD, JDRF’s CEO. Register here.
What We Can Be Proud of in 2022 – Thank you for helping us move our mission forward!
As we come to the end of the year, we observe the history-making impact that supporters like you helped make in type 1 diabetes (T1D) research and advocacy. From the FDA approval of the first disease-modifying therapy Tzield™ (teplizumab-mzwv) for use in delaying the onset of T1D, to our partnership with Civica and manufacturing low-cost insulin, to advancements made by Vertex in stem cell-based therapies, to the first-of-its-kind T1D Index tool for tracking the disease worldwide, there is much to celebrate. Read more.
Gifts that Give Back
Giving to others has always been a hallmark of the holiday season and this year, you can spread joy by supporting the T1D community through gifts that give back and help drive JDRF’s mission forward. Read more.
►►►Please consider making an end-of-year donation to JDRF to help improve lives and fund critical research for T1D. Thank you!
Happy Holidays and Warmest Wishes for a Happy New Year!
The JDRF NorCal Chapter sends our seasons greetings and gratitude to our community of supporters and friends. We hope the new year is filled with good health and happiness.
All JDRF offices will be closed from 2pm on Friday, December 23 through January 2, reopening on Tuesday, January 3, 2023.
Upcoming Chapter Events
JDRF Nights with the Golden State Warriors – January 2, February 4, March 24, 2023, Chase Center, San Francisco, CA. Learn more and purchase tickets.
Sacramento T1D Meet-up for Families & Caregivers – January 15, 2PM, Harry Crab Park, Roseville, CA. Learn more.
JDRF NorCal Annual Meeting & Research Discussion – February 28, 2023, 5:30PM, San Francisco, CA. Register here.
JDRF TypeOneNation Summit – March 25, Roundhouse Conference Center at Bishop Ranch, San Ramon, CA. Save the date! Details coming soon.
Big Sur International Marathon – Team JDRF – April 30, 2023
Highway 1 from Big Sur to Carmel. Learn more and register.
Recurring Outreach Events:
E-Meet & Greets: Monthly Zoom Meetups – Rotating Wednesdays, 12pm PT
Parents and Caregivers of Children with T1D Under the Age of 5
Parents and Caregivers of Children with T1D Ages 5-12
Parents and Caregivers of Children with T1D Ages 13-21
Adults Living with T1D
Reunión Virtual Para Adultos y Familias con Diabetes Tipo 1 en Español – Segundo Miércoles, 5-6pm PT
T1D Teen Connect Monthly Meetup – Third Wednesdays, 5-6pm PT
Register for the next T1D Teen Connect.
Ask the Endo Monthly Sessions – Third Tuesdays, 8-9am PT
Register for the next Ask the Endo.
Ask the Therapist Monthly Sessions – First Wednesdays, 8-9am PT
Register for the next Ask the Therapist.
Young Leadership Committee (YLC) Meetings – First Wednesdays, 6pm PT
Register for the next YLC Monthly Meeting.
Special Announcements & Resources
- Become a JDRF Advocate! Help secure Federal funding for T1D research, and inform health and regulatory policy. Visit jdrf.org/join and email your U.S. Senators TODAY to advocate for the INSULIN Act to make insulin more affordable.
- JDRF 2023 Children’s Congress: Applications open through November 30! Visit cc.jdrf.org
- Insulin Access: Need help accessing insulin? Visit GetInsulin.org
- Clinical Trials: Participating in a clinical trial is a great way to contribute to curing, preventing and treating T1D and its complications. Learn more
- Health Insurance Guide: JDRF is committed to supporting you by providing tools to help you navigate healthcare and health insurance. Learn more
- New Facebook Group for Spanish Speakers: JDRF California del norte en español
- Shop & Give Back: Visit jdrf.org/norcal/shop to view current promotions.
- Follow JDRF NorCal on Social Media: Stay connected on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn, and YouTube
Be the first to know about T1D news, local events and more: Click here and scroll down to Sign Up for JDRF subscriptions.
JDRF Northern California Chapter
Northwest Region Address:
JDRF, 1215 4th Ave. #1100
Seattle, WA 98161