Join us for the 2023 TypeOneNation Summit
Our community is invited to the JDRF NorCal TypeOneNation (TON) Summit on March 25 at the Roundhouse Conference Center in San Ramon. Learn from type 1 diabetes (T1D) experts, hear about the latest breakthroughs in T1D research, meet vendor exhibitors, and bring your children to the Youth/Teen Program. Dr. Alex Marson, Director of the Gladstone-UCSF Institute of Genomic Immunology and Professor in the UCSF Department of Medicine, Division of Infectious Diseases will be our Keynote Speaker, and a lineup of prestigious specialists will lead breakout sessions on various topics. Learn more and register here.
New Year’s Resolutions that Make a Difference
You’ve rung in the New Year and you’re ready to take on 2023! JDRF offers meaningful ways to enhance your life and those of others:
- Become a JDRF Advocate. Use your voice to help secure continued Federal funding of important diabetes research and inform health and regulatory policy. Visit jdrf.org/join and sign up for action alerts. Kids can get involved by becoming a Youth Advocacy Leader. Learn more and apply at jdrf.org/yal.
- Join a T1D Clinical Trial. Participating in a clinical trial is a great way to contribute to curing, preventing and treating T1D and its complications. There are many studies in Northern California as well as those conducted remotely. Learn more and explore opportunities.
- Volunteer with our Chapter! JDRF was founded by parents of children with T1D and to this day volunteers are the lifeforce of our organization. From serving on an event committee to reaching out to newly diagnosed adults and families, there are many ways to lend your time and talent. Learn more and sign up here.
Save the Date! The 2023 JDRF Tee to Table event on May 5 at The Ritz-Carlton, Half Moon Bay
The 2023 Tee to Table event will celebrate with a Kentucky Derby theme! Tee to Table is a premier golf, tennis and evening culinary experience on the beautiful California coast. The event features a golf scramble on the Ocean Course and a 24-person round-robin tennis tournament, followed by cocktails, a gourmet dinner, presentation of the Impact Award, live auction, Fund A Cure program, and dancing in the ballroom! High-profile sponsorship opportunities and individual tickets are available now. Secure your spots before we sell out!
JDRF Ride Registration Opens January 18!
Registration opens for the 2023 JDRF Ride season on January 18 at 9AM PT. Rides are scheduled to take place in beautiful locations across the United States:
Burlington, VT: July 27-30
La Crosse, WI: August 10-13
Grand Rapids, MI: September 7-10
Death Valley, CA: October 12-15
Amelia Island, FL: November 30 – December 3
We expect spots to fill up fast, so be sure to register on January 18 so you don’t miss out. There is also an opportunity to participate in My Ride. Visit ride.jdrf.org.
►►► Interested in learning more about the JDRF Ride before registering? Join us for an upcoming virtual info session on January 8 at 4PM PT or on January 12 at 7PM PT. Email Judy Parra at firstname.lastname@example.org to RSVP.
Upcoming Chapter Events
JDRF Nights with the Golden State Warriors – February 4, March 24, 2023, Chase Center, San Francisco, CA. Learn more and purchase tickets.
Sacramento T1D Meet-up for Families & Caregivers – January 15, 2PM, Harry Crab Park, Roseville, CA. Learn more.
JDRF NorCal Annual Meeting & Research Discussion – February 28, 2023, 5:30PM, San Francisco, CA. Register here.
JDRF TypeOneNation Summit – March 25, 2023, Roundhouse Conference Center at Bishop Ranch, San Ramon, CA. Register here.
Big Sur International Marathon – Team JDRF – April 30, 2023, Highway 1 from Big Sur to Carmel. Learn more and register.
JDRF Tee to Table Golf & Culinary Event – May 5, 2023, The Ritz-Carlton, Half Moon Bay, CA. Sponsorships and tickets available!
Recurring Outreach Events:
E-Meet & Greets: Monthly Zoom Meetups – Rotating Wednesdays, 12pm PT
Parents and Caregivers of Children with T1D Under the Age of 5
Parents and Caregivers of Children with T1D Ages 5-12
Parents and Caregivers of Children with T1D Ages 13-21
Adults Living with T1D
Reunión Virtual Para Adultos y Familias con Diabetes Tipo 1 en Español – Segundo Miércoles, 5-6pm PT
T1D Teen Connect Monthly Meetup – Third Wednesdays, 5-6pm PT
Register for the next T1D Teen Connect.
Ask the Endo Monthly Sessions – Third Tuesdays, 8-9am PT
Register for the next Ask the Endo.
Ask the Therapist Monthly Sessions – First Wednesdays, 8-9am PT
Register for the next Ask the Therapist.
Young Leadership Committee (YLC) Meetings – First Wednesdays, 6pm PT
Register for the next YLC Monthly Meeting.
Special Announcements & Resources
- Become a JDRF Advocate! Help secure Federal funding for T1D research, and inform health and regulatory policy. Visit jdrf.org/join and email your U.S. Senators TODAY to advocate for the INSULIN Act to make insulin more affordable.
- Insulin Access: Need help accessing insulin? Visit GetInsulin.org
- Clinical Trials: Participating in a clinical trial is a great way to contribute to curing, preventing and treating T1D and its complications. Learn more
- Health Insurance Guide: JDRF is committed to supporting you by providing tools to help you navigate healthcare and health insurance. Learn more
- Shop & Give Back: Visit jdrf.org/norcal/shop to view current promotions.
- New Facebook Group for Spanish Speakers: JDRF California del norte en español
- Follow JDRF NorCal on Social Media: Stay connected on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn, and YouTube
Be the first to know about T1D news, local events and more: Click here and scroll down to Sign Up for JDRF subscriptions.
JDRF Northern California Chapter
Northwest Region Address:
JDRF, 1215 4th Ave. #1100
Seattle, WA 98161