Newly Diagnosed Connection Hours
1st Tuesday of every month at 7:00pm –- Register Here
3rd Thursday of every month at 12:00pm –Register Here
Join our JDRF Outreach Volunteers as they host an informal call for all newly diagnosed families. All are welcome, bring your questions and find a supportive group of veteran T1Ds to help you find the “art” of living with T1D every day.
Let’s Talk T1D Parents Supporting Parents
Thursday, October 21st at 12:00pm EST
Third Thursday of each month at 12:00pm EST on Zoom
Let’s Talk T1D! Is a virtual, lunchtime support group for parents of children who have been newly diagnosed with T1D, along with any parent of a T1D child who is looking for support resources.
Our Host for this month’s meeting is John Rutledge, Social War and USF Diabetes and Endocrinology Center. John will be discussing the emotional adjustment that come with being newly diagnosed with T1D, and the ongoing mental stress and burnout that is common at different stages of life with T1D. A portion of the gathering will be reserved for open dialogue, between parents, to give the opportunity to meet and support one another.
Holiday Tips and Tricks with T1D
October 26th at 7:00pm via zoom – register here
Join JDRF and Novant health for an evening to discuss how to navigate the holiday season with T1D. The holidays can be intimidating with all the fun sweet treats and family recipes, Nancy O’Brien from Novant will help us learn how to estimate carbs when nutrition labels may not exist, and how to truly live life to the fullest with T1D this holiday season.
FALL 2021 TYPEONENATION SUMMIT
November 1, 3 & 4th – Register HERE
We’re mixing up JDRF’s TypeOneNation Virtual Summit and offering three nights of educational and interactive sessions! This means more opportunities to attend sessions on topics that matter most to you, including research, technology and wellness. You’ll interact with powerful speakers, learn about the latest research advancements and connect with the T1D community coast-to-coast. The virtual summit is for people of all ages and stages of T1D and their loved ones. There is no cost to attend!
We’re bringing you sessions on our most popular topics:
Monday, November 1: Mission
– Research keynote highlighting advancements in JDRF’s mission to prevent and cure T1D
– Advocacy presentations covering research and policy progress (also delivered in Spanish!)
– Getting the most out of your health insurance
Wednesday, November 3: Innovation
– Research keynote focused on advancements in technology, drugs and devices
– Product showcase sessions covering the latest innovations in T1D management
– Spanish language session on social media and T1D
Thursday, November 4: Wellness
– Mental health keynote
– Panel discussion covering a variety of nutrition topics
– Spanish language panel discussion on emotional health
T1D No Limits Virtual Forum with Baptist Memorial Health Care System in Memphis, TN
Sunday, November 14th – 2:00 – 4:00 CT / 3:00 – 5:00 EST Register Here
Join JDRF Tennessee on World Diabetes Day for our T1D No Limits Virtual Forum! Learn more about living with T1D and connect to other T1D families in the area. Sessions Include:
- Improving Lives Through Drugs and Devices Jonathan Rosen, Ph.D., JDRF Research Department Scientist
- Combating Diabetes Burnout Roy Collins, MD, Physician at Stanford University
- Professional Basketball Player to Professional Diabetic Rob Howe, Founder of Diabetics Doing Things
- New Onset T1D: From Firehose to Faucet Dr. Jennifer McVean, Pediatric Endocrinologist, University of Minnesota
- Cuando Pedir Ayuda (Knowing When to Ask for Help) Panel Discussion Hosted in Spanish
- We will also have breakout rooms so you can closely connect with other T1D families! Plus, a breakout room hosted in Spanish!
No Limits Virtual Speaker Series
November 16, 7:00 pm
Gary Scheiner will present “Balancing Sports/Exercise & Glucose Control.” Email invitations to parents, caregivers and adults diagnosed within the last year will be sent on October 21. Stay tuned for the registration link
Navigating Holiday Parties and Alcohol – for adults with T1D
November 16th at 7:00pm via zoom – register here
Join JDRF as we host Bridget Wood, RDN, LD, CDCES and North Carolina locals Kristin Devon, Hannah Beaddles and Erica Peterfy, PharmD, CDCES, BCACP, CPP to discuss strategies on how to navigate the holiday season with T1D. The holiday season is filled with fun cocktails, sweet treats, and friends and relatives who may not know a lot about T1D – we will talk about the nutrition around common holiday foods and drinks, as well as healthy ways to deal with it all.
T1D and Mental Health – Learning to Live in the Grey
November 18th at 7:00pm via Zoom – Register here
Join JDRF as we host Katie McLean, PhD, Licensed Psychologist from Wake Forest Baptist Health to discuss strategies on how to live in the grey that T1D creates in our lives. We will talk about triggers, emotional reactions, ways to stay flexible in our thoughts and embrace the rollercoaster that T1D creates in our lives. This session is open to parents and adults living with T1D.